Fitness Ball!

Options
So Last night I decided that I wanted to buy a fitness ball. Well this morning I went out found out that one store had 25% of fitness equipment and bought one.

Now this is where you come in... lol Ive always wanted to say that. :P

I want to know what you use your fitness ball for. And how to do the exercise properly (step by step please), and break it down like I'm an idiot. Cause when it comes to exercising I've very new at this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks everyone:heart:

Replies

• rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just bought a medicine ball from Gaiam and it came with a workout dvd. I bet you could do a search on youtube and find a lot of workout you can do with it.
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Google "Exercise ball routines" and go from there. I printed up quite a few different exercises and they show you step by step with pictures exactly how to do them. Make a small binder and pick a few to do each day!
    Good Luck!!
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    There are lots of videos and stuff you can find online or else your ball should have come with some things. when I had mine I mainly found a handful of exercises I liked with it and did those. (it works btw!)
    Or, depending on the height of your computer desk you could swap your chair for you ball and work on your core even while logging your day! :wink: :smile: Good luck and have fun
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Oh there are so many exercises you can do. I agree with cystal, use google!!
  • peggygt
    peggygt Posts: 4
    Options
    A fitness ball (the large ones) is really good for crunches, escpecially if you are new to working out. Lay on the ball, butt should be a little off, spread feet shoulder width apart, hands behind head, lay back and come up. Do about 10 to start three times and every week work up to two more. In no time at all you will be doing 50 crunches per set!

Another good one is to have a weight in each hand sitting on your ball, and do your curls and all your other arm exercises. The ball will also teach you balance and posture, GREAT FOR EXERCISING!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    And then there was Google..... http://www.exerciseballworkouts.net/ ...... :bigsmile:

I have used this sight for some of the the exercises that i use mine for.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    try youtube. After a quick search I found this... and there are tons of other options, but just glancing through this, it seems to have some decent beginner exercises and notes up on the video to give helpful suggestions, for when you are ready to add some weights etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFEiGs02qIE