Other middle-aged female sugarholics?

Options
Hi folks. I'm 52, 5'5", 153 lbs, and I want to get to 140 or less. I lost 40 lbs with Weight Watchers nearly 10 years ago, but, well, life happened and I "found" some of those lost pounds! Logging food and counting calories/points helps me the most. I'm hoping to find a buddy to help encourage me to keep at it. My primary focus is on eating less overall, being in control. A lighter me definitely likes more activity, so that will likely increase as I lighten up! I was taking belly dance classes for awhile but quit in Oct 2014 due to being back in school then having a demanding work schedule. I got back into it last year, and am loving it despite some knee and lower back issues. I'm starting to feel age creeping up, and I think being a healthier weight will help a lot. I'm an emotional eater with a wicked sweet tooth. Anyone relate?

Replies

• aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Trying to ease up on my sweet tooth myself its a set back. Im 151 most fays and trying to reach 140 and go from there.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I’m a food-aholic.
    I guess you could say that sugar is one of my subaddictions😜
    Welcome!
  • TucsonJane
    TucsonJane Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Aroze, we have the exact same goal and are about the same weight now.We'll get there! Forest, I know from WW that when I get control over portions and keep up on my food diary, the sugar addiction is much easier to control. Thanks for posting!
  • mtzrose2001
    mtzrose2001 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and I can relate. My ankle hurts due to injury and back hurts also. Since I started exercising more, I have to pace myself. I've been putting in a lot of effort and tolerating discomfort to stay mobile.