Adding New Friends ....

Options
One of my MFP's posed this question today: What do you take into consideration before adding friends, or do you add everyone?

My response: Yeah, very good question. I usually add everyone, but monitor the "relationship" afterwards. No 'relationship' is one-sided. It's take two to keep it going. Everyone wants to be CELEBRATED and not just TOLERATED. Right? :smile:

Just curious as to what is your response?

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    from now on, a picture and a message, after that I need to be enteracted with, at least once in a blue moon. I comment on others, and would like to see the same in return every now and again, especially since most of my friends requested me.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I just want people to introduce themselves in a message when sending a request. I don't think that is too much to ask.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    And if I don't hear from them again in a while, they get the boot.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I agree,but I also have a hard time deleating somebody that has not been active. I know there are lots of people that will deleat somebody if they have not been active for a month. I am yet to bring myself to do that.
  • kizzy67
    kizzy67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Seems to be the topic of the day. Ive just always added people when theres been a request. If after a while theres not communication, then I would delete them. Its not a competition to see how many friends we can get, its the quality of the friends that you want.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It's hard to keep up with everybody because time schedules vary (also means you're missing the same people) and It's really hard to read every single post everyday. I really care when people aren't checking in. I want to encourage and I really try to but if somebody just isn't showing up (other than for life issues and computer problems) that person just isn't into it. I hate red. I hate it on my bank statements, I hate it on my calorie count and I hate it on my friends login info. Please everybody, I do care. A lot. And I take attendance every morning;-)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Must have a photograph. After that, the person must interact/be active, have a sense of humor, not be a prude, and show me lots of attention. j/k on the last part....no, not really. Hahaha
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    from now on, a picture and a message, after that I need to be enteracted with, at least once in a blue moon. I comment on others, and would like to see the same in return every now and again, especially since most of my friends requested me.

I agree!! That's why I use the phrase "CELEBRATED" and not just "TOLERATED".:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • computerwizsheri
    Options
    I add everyone. A message is not required. The key for me is keeping friends (those that log in consistently, at least once or twice a week) because they are actively pursuing the same goal as me (weight loss).
  • debtfre12
    Options
    I just want people to introduce themselves in a message when sending a request. I don't think that is too much to ask.

It is nice when you receive a note, even if it's two or three words.:smile:
  • debtfre12
    Options
    I agree,but I also have a hard time deleating somebody that has not been active. I know there are lots of people that will deleat somebody if they have not been active for a month. I am yet to bring myself to do that.

Do what is comfortable for you. You can only me yourself, right?:happy:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Must have a photograph. After that, the person must interact/be active, have a sense of humor, not be a prude, and show me lots of attention. j/k on the last part....no, not really. Hahaha

hahaha, me too! I feel the need to be showered with entertainment and attention.
  • debtfre12
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Seems to be the topic of the day. Ive just always added people when theres been a request. If after a while theres not communication, then I would delete them. Its not a competition to see how many friends we can get, its the quality of the friends that you want.

Well said and touchѐ!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

hahaha, me too! I feel the need to be showered with entertainment and attention.

I would totally give you attention ~ just sayin'
  • debtfre12
    Options
    It's hard to keep up with everybody because time schedules vary (also means you're missing the same people) and It's really hard to read every single post everyday. I really care when people aren't checking in. I want to encourage and I really try to but if somebody just isn't showing up (other than for life issues and computer problems) that person just isn't into it. I hate red. I hate it on my bank statements, I hate it on my calorie count and I hate it on my friends login info. Please everybody, I do care. A lot. And I take attendance every morning;-)

:bigsmile: Bravo Sis!!! I agree with you as well. We do care! Also, I desperately need the support in return.:bigsmile:
  • debtfre12
    Options

Yeah, I hear ya.:laugh: I don't have to be the center of attraction, but at least a response or two sometimes .....
  • debtfre12
    Options
    I add everyone. A message is not required. The key for me is keeping friends (those that log in consistently, at least once or twice a week) because they are actively pursuing the same goal as me (weight loss).

Yes! How can two walk together except they agree.:happy:
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like to have some interaction with my MFP friends. I find the encouragement very motovating. If people cant support me as I support them then they are gone x
  • debtfre12
    Options
    I like to have some interaction with my MFP friends. I find the encouragement very motovating. If people cant support me as I support them then they are gone x

The support pendulum does swing both ways!:laugh:
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Here is my criteria for Adding New Friends

a) Picture
    b) Message with Request
    c) Interaction - Once a Week
    d) Need Motivation or Provide Motivation