Coffee Creamer

Options
alcomer
alcomer Posts: 101 Member
Can anyone suggest a flavored coffee creamer that is low is sugar?

Replies

• Roy1C
    Roy1C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    6splwzjnu5me.jpeg
    Blue Diamond almond milk creamer has no sugar.
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Roy1C wrote: »
    Blue Diamond almond milk creamer has no sugar.

I use this same creamer! I love it.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I use Coffeemate sugar-free Italian Sweet Cream. Not because sugar is bad (it's not, unless you have some kind of medical issue that is directly linked to sugar intake), but because it has fewer calories than the regular version.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I use Heavy Cream. 2T for my 20oz of coffee. Only 90 calories, 0g sugar or carbs.

Whoops. I missed that you said "flavored". I do also use a couple of squirts of Syrup when I want a bit of flavor and sweet. I use this brand not necessarily this flavor, it is sugar free, but does have artificial sweeteners if that is something that you are concerned with, personally, I'm okay with it as a treat. https://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Free-Salted-Caramel-Mocha/dp/B076VHQFS4/ref=asc_df_B076VHQFS4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312061264516&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3515568786568961597&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1025197&hvtargid=pla-568745668702&th=1 Also, I get them at Home Goods where they are only $2.99 each.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My fiance is diabetic and I like low-cal, so we use sugar free creamer. The best tasting creamer we've found is CoffeeMate's Sugar Free Italian Sweet Creme
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I've been really into this lately: DSC09939_1024x1024.jpg?v=1554417133

Tastes just like half 'n half, but with 10 calories per tablespoon. Those Almond Breeze creamers mentioned above are good too, though.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    If you need it flavored, one option is to use a low cal unflavored creamer and add flavored extracts. Most are (supposedly) zero cal. I put vanilla, almond, peppermint, or orange extract in my coffee all the time.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    I use NUTPODS, or Milkadamina, both unsweetened. NUTPODS has original, French vanilla and hazelnut
  • neillc57
    neillc57 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ignore this as it's off topic. I was searching for low cal coffee creamer in the past and after trying different things I finally realized I just wanted something to take the bitter edge off the coffee.
    So I make up a solution of sucralose and add a bit of that to my coffee. I went from somebody who took it white to somebody who takes it very sweet and I love the transition.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    If you need it flavored, one option is to use a low cal unflavored creamer and add flavored extracts. Most are (supposedly) zero cal. I put vanilla, almond, peppermint, or orange extract in my coffee all the time.

I'm in Western Canada and we don't have any sugarfree creamers available to us. So this is exactly what I did. I bought some 18% cream and added some imported sugar free syrup. I also added a bit of liquid sucralose to the mix. It's not technically lower calorie than the international creamers but I wanted to eliminate the high carb count of the sugar. It turned out quite tasty. You could of course use 10% cream which would be lower calorie.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    alcomer wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a flavored coffee creamer that is low is sugar?

Flavored coffee and half & half. I like Starbucks Hazelnut.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    So... out of curiosity... what actually is this 'coffee creamer' thing you US coffee drinkers keep talking about? How is it different from milk or cream?
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    So... out of curiosity... what actually is this 'coffee creamer' thing you US coffee drinkers keep talking about? How is it different from milk or cream?

I generally assume that they are talking about stuff like this:

iuotl68l8xsk.jpg

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    But what is it?
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    Options
    But what is it?

Basically? It's junk. It's used to make things like coffee and tea "light and sweet". The ingredients are not something that I choose to incorporate in to my diet.

stw4xrbliw1i.jpg
  • neillc57
    neillc57 Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    But what is it?

I am from Birmingham but have lived in the US for over 20 years. Coffee creamer can be a bunch of different things. They all just make your coffee white. The simplest is 'half and half' which is half cream half milk. Then you have various concoctions using non-dairy fats. The US has a lot of people who are lactose intolerant. I find they all taste pretty good.
    They can be a powder or a liquid. Then of course you have added flavours like the picture above.
    I generally have to ask for milk for my coffee rather than cream as people seem to want a more creamy whitener here. I recently just switched to sweetening.

Do a search for 'coffee mate ingredients' to see the palm oil etc.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    UNSWEETNED ALMOND MILK 30 CALORIES +
    ANY FLAVORED JORDAN'S SKINNY SYRUP = 0 CAL 0 CARBS
    https://www.skinnymixes.com/collections/skinny-mixes?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8ZKy7cnm4gIV1uDICh2-5w5xEAAYASAAEgIir_D_BwE
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Honestly, we kinda call anything that lightens milk "creamer" (at least in the places I've lived), I've asked for creamer in a restaurant and gotten milk, half & half, cream, or non-dairy creamer. But I think technically, creamer is a non-dairy lightener using vegetable oil instead of dairy fat. It's usually the consistency of milk or cream. In the dairy fridge with all the milks, creams, and substitutes. There's powdered creamer too, but I don't think anyone uses that except as the choice of last resort (if you need something shelf-stable).

There are brands now coming out with "natural" coffee creamers that are actually dairy with flavoring.