Lima Beans Salad

sonilac
sonilac Posts: 55 Member
edited June 2019 in Recipes
I made this beans salad the other day, i had people visiting and barely snapped pictures before everyone was picking on it. Wrote the recipe down really quick, i wasn't planning to post it (i usually test it few times before i post about it). This is a family recipe and lots of ingredients are eye-balled more than measured. Key is to let it marinate for the the flavors really to mix together:).
Question: Are Lima beans same as Butter beans? Some people say yes, some no so i want to figure this out and edit to correct if i wrote that part wrong.

https://mediterraneanlatinloveaffair.com/lima-beans-salad/

6wheydal83a6.jpg

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Lima beans and butter beans are the same thing.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,125 Member
    Looks yummy! Only difference between Lima and Butter beans are what area you're from :wink: I'm a Northern girl, so I grew up only hearing Lima.
  • sonilac
    sonilac Posts: 55 Member
    @apullum and @vegan4lyfe2012 thank you for confirming. I thought they were the same but some people told me, no they're not.
    @just_Tomek ohhhhh, thank you for the warning. I try to not overdo it, hopefully i'm keeping within the rules. I'll be careful going forward. I think i follow a big thread of yours if not mistaken, about a protein cheesecake. That's an epic thread:))) or i hope i don't have you confused with someone else.