Welcome back, MFP!

Options
Jomotive
Jomotive Posts: 16 Member
edited June 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all!

When I was here a few years ago, I was 30 pounds away from my goal weight. I felt great! But sadly, I fell into a bit of a long depression. Long story short, I'm now 40 pounds more overweight than the weight I started at a few years ago. Thanks to my therapist and a great support system, I'm finally in a mental state where I can start and continue my journey again!

Looking for friends :) I've love to see everyone's posts on the feed for motivation and support. Also, if anyone has been battling with depression while maintaining or losing weight, I'd like to hear how you've been doing it. It's rough.

Nice to meet you!

Also, I accidentally put my starting weight as 100 pounds over what I actually weigh. After I fixed my mistake, I saw that I've been over eating my calorie goal by 500 calories a day, lmao. Oops!

5'3. CW: 230. GW: 140

Replies

• Sharod_BeastFit
    Sharod_BeastFit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Jomotive. Welcome back.
  • Jomotive
    Jomotive Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome back😊
    So sorry to hear that you had such a struggle with depression. That can make it tough to find the motivation to take care of yourself. Glad to see you here - sending a friend request!
  • MovingRumsAss
    MovingRumsAss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I understand. I lost 65lbs. Gained back 60lbs and am now back down 50lbs with 60lbs to go. Depression creeps like thick fog. I'm glad to hear you made your way out to see the sunlight. Good luck!
  • nickdavis888
    nickdavis888 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well you’re on the right track by the sounds of it! Keep pushing everyday girl! You got this!!