Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
I have always seen people raving about apple cider vinegar. I am trying to get into a schedule of meal prepping and working out every morning. My question is, when would be a good time to take the acv and how much? Thanks!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What do you expect to get out of the apple cider vinegar?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    when you have salad? makes a decent salad dressing,

Truth, though I prefer red wine vinegar personally. :)
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

yes to be fully honest i use acv when i have fruit flies (to catch them)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I had ACV every morning for months for something unrelated to weight loss. It did not help with either issue.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    It goes good in homemade honey mustard dressing, but otherwise, no magic to it.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

yes to be fully honest i use acv when i have fruit flies (to catch them)

This is what I use it for. Put out a little cup of it with a few drops of dish soap and watch the fruit flies drown.

For weight loss, it does nothing. People "rave" about all sorts of ridiculous things.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    whoami67 wrote: »
    I like a capful in a glass of water. I do that at random times of the day so I don't have any specific time to recommend. I think it tastes most refreshing to me in the afternoon or evening. I do love the taste. I haven't used it for weight loss, but I think the study done on that shows you'd lose about a pound a year extra if you drink it in the way used in the study. I haven't tried it.

If you love the taste of it, sure, enjoy drinking it.
    And quite dilute like you are doing is no more tooth enamel risk than OJ or any other mildly acidic drink.

But a pound a year ???

Even if such a finding from a study is correct ( not saying it is or isn't) who would bother doing anything for the sake of a pound a year??

• ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    ACV is good for using as a natural hair rinse, getting rid of acne (both mix with water- apply like an astringent). Not so much for weight loss though.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    ACV is good for using as a natural hair rinse, getting rid of acne (both mix with water- apply like an astringent). Not so much for weight loss though.

Now that you mention it, I think I read you could use it to get rid of skin tags.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options

Depends on your hair. It did awful things to mine, would never do it again.
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Michelle! I have fine hair that gets knotty when it’s wet. ACV helps it.
    There are a lot of uses for ACV besides that.