would premium assist in marathon training nutrition?

Options
training for a marathon in October, trying to lose weight on top of it. I know I need more carbs and protein for long runs but don't know how much or when to load up. there's too much conflicting info on the internet. any assistance would be appreciated.

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Don't overthink it. With distance running carbs are king. I personally try to get 80 (or more) grams of protein each day and let the rest of the numbers fall where they may. I do not pay for premium (I did pay for another similar service but will not be renewing).

FWIW - Losing while training for a marathon may be tough. When the runs get longer you have to fuel your body or your body will break down.

Good luck.
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Carbs take a couple days to process. So I add a small amounts to my dinners 2 days before my long runs. You have to eat before your long runs. I make a bowl of overnight oats (400 - 600 cal) and eat 2 hrs before my long runs. my other options bagel with PB and banana with PB for short runs. See what works for you. Once you find something stick to it and it will make marathon morning easier. You also need to eat while running. I consume 200-300 cals per hours based on my weight and how much I sweat. Gatorade, GU and Jelly beans.

October marathon? Chicago
    I am running at the Chicago this year.
  • KyleKlink
    KyleKlink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Detroit international this year... thinking Chicago next year...only have completed half marathons in the past. I’ve learned winter training doesn’t work for a nightshifter in Ohio... thanks for the input will add some carbs fri and sat for Sunday 9 miler and see how it goes