Jersey Mike's

Options
So we are ordering out from there today. Wow it's depressing looking at the nutritional info for their subs. I am not a salad eater, so that is out. Even the chicken subs are loaded with carbs and sodium. Ugh.

Replies

• monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    you're out of luck getting sandwiches low in sodium, but hey thats life. just load up on the water today and you can counter act that.

I havent been to Jersey Mike's personally but when I go to subway i try to get..wheat or grain bread.. then i get no cheese, their "light mayo" option and not much of it. load it with veggies... spinach, olives, bell peppers etc... and i get turkey with mustard. its really not that bad :)
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    Wheat for sure. I was looking at doing a wheat wrap instead of the sub bun, there really isn't much difference in them. That can't be right, can it?
  • 3ball
    Options
    FFS people suck. I went with a chicken wheat wrap and I get laughed at for it. F-off people! Do I want to eat like that? HELL NO! But I'm going to anyway to try to keep fighting the good fight. Why are people such a-holes when you are trying to make yourself better? GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    FFS people suck. I went with a chicken wheat wrap and I get laughed at for it. F-off people! Do I want to eat like that? HELL NO! But I'm going to anyway to try to keep fighting the good fight. Why are people such a-holes when you are trying to make yourself better? GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get this from my dad of all people. He thinks I'm totally weird because I don't drink Pepsi, eat white bread, pig out on hamburger helper and heaven forbid eat veggies. You know, there is NO way in the world I could actually LIKE that kind of stuff. To be honest, I love it. I don't just eat it because it's good for me.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Jersey Mike's
  • 3ball
    Options
    This will be my first try with them as they just opened in my town last week. I'm sure they are good, just not so good for me. haha
  • CincyDave
    CincyDave Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    F them. You're doing this for you and not them.
  • 3ball
    Options
    Instead of getting the wheat wrap that I ordered, I get a white bread sub bun. Awesome. Real solid first impression there.
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Hope it was atleast good :tongue:
  • 3ball
    Options
    No, it wasn't. That's just as well though since then I didn't eat that white bun. haha Better luck next time, right?
  • JStarnes
    Options
    I prefer them over subway as their meat is sliced there in the kitchen and not pressed, packaged & shipped like subway. They closed the one down in my town tho :grumble:

Better luck next time, indeed.
  • 3ball
    Options
    Want me to ship you one? :bigsmile:
  • JStarnes
    Options
    :laugh: Only if you promise not to screw up my order.
  • 3ball
    Options
    That I can promise. How good of shape it is in when it gets to you, that's another story. haha
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I freaking love Jersey Mike's.. 500 calories for a mini roast beef and provolone is A-Ok with me.
  • JStarnes
    Options
    That I can promise. How good of shape it is in when it gets to you, that's another story. haha
    Now thats not very good customer service :laugh:
  • 3ball
    Options
    Well, I don't work for a shipping company. haha I suppose I can just hand deliver it? That might cost extra though. :tongue:
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Mmmh, excuses excuses! I can't afford "extra" but I'll share my sub with you! :wink: :laugh:
  • 3ball
    Options
    Hmmm...... Interesting............ Then I really better not screw up the order.
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Or a wrap if you so prefer, since you didn't like the white bread...