What is your workout routine?

Options
My workout routine is to burn fat and gain muscle. I do cardio (running or walking at incline) until 15 minutes or 100 calories. I have an app with ab workouts on it & use that for 25 minutes, then do a butt workout for 20. I’ll throw in some machines if I feel like it but it depends on the day. what do you guys do?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for a half marathon, with three runs a week. My exact run lengths vary from week to week, since I'm ramping up from a 10k, but the overall pattern is pretty consistent. Next week, for instance:
    Monday - Speed Work (6 heats of 200m sprints)
    Wednesday - Recovery Run (5k)
    Saturday - Long Run (13k)
    I'm also autistic, and I too find that running can help me block out the world for a while and destress.
  • Jamagato
    Jamagato Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Wow! you guys do a lot of hard work throughout the week. I love hearing when other people have tough routines and stick to their plan. Great job guys keep up the good work! Firef1y72 do you have any goals you’re working up to or just maintaining where you’re at? Grimendale I hope you reach your goals and kick the marathons butt!
  • Jamagato
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing 2-3x per week lifting, full body, glute focus, very modified. Also 1-2 days of cardio if I can.

Normally though I do 4x per week lifting, 3 days full body, 1 day glutes only. Plus two days cardio.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I lift heavy *kitten* five days a week.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Mine workouts are roughly built off this. I alternate pretty frequently between load and volume though. It's not optimal but, in the interest of keeping it short, it suits my needs at the moment.
    Week 1

Monday: Push (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
    Tuesday: Pull (Back, Biceps)
    Wednesday: off
    Thursday: Legs (Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs)
    Friday: off
    Saturday: Push (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
    Sunday: Pull (Back, Biceps)

Week 2

Monday: off
    Tuesday: Legs (Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs)
    Wednesday: off
    Thursday: Push (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
    Friday: Pull (Back, Biceps)
    Saturday: off
    Sunday: Legs (Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs)

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/push-pull-legs-split/
  • Jamagato
    Options
    good! keep up the good work! what is your fitness goal?
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Jamagato wrote: »
    good! keep up the good work! what is your fitness goal?

For me? To still be able to throw the grandkids around (and defend myself from them :D ) for a few more years. Basically maintain what I have muscle wise, gain a little strength and endurance and stay flexible. It's working :)
  • alondrakar
    alondrakar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My routine is decided for me by my gym. Although I pick whether I attend a HIIT day or Lift day, all the exercises are random (to me). Lots of fat burning and lots of hard work.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I recently fell in love with a self defense based martial art called Krav Maga. I never expected that I would love doing something like this, but here I am! Here’s my usual schedule:
    Monday: Krav class
    Tuesday: lifting
    Wednesday: Krav class
    Thursday: active rest
    Friday: lifting
    Saturday: Krav class
    Sunday: active rest (or hiking when possible)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I try to do cardio daily first thing, usually a DVD or video of aerobics or kickboxing. I try to get to the weight room and lift heavy free weights twice per week, but summer vacation has thrown some kinks into that schedule. If I can't get to the gym, I do a video with dumbbells at home. I'm hoping to get in some swimming this summer as well.
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I row five times per week 15-45 minutes, daily walk 1-2.5 miles, strength train twice weekly, bike leisurely a few times per week. Down 30 pounds this year, probably would be more if I’d do a better job counting calories.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I go outside and run. I run through the neighborhood, on trails, up hills and mountains and anywhere in between. I run in the sun, in the rain, in the cold, at night. I couldn’t always run and had never exercised regularly before age 38. I used to get short of breath just climbing stairs or walking around the block, that was a horrible experience that I never want to go back to. Over 5 years ago I lost weight eating less and started walking more. That slowly turned into hiking and now my passion is trail running. I occasionally ride my bike and swim but my workouts consist of 99.9% running. And I love it. I want to run forever <3
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    3 hour hike
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    As a lazy hedonist, I pretty much only do things I think are fun.

It's Summer here now, so I row on water 4 days a week (weather permitting), and go to spin class 2 other days. I do less volume in Winter, because rowing machine is just not as fun as boats . . . not even close, but a li'l ol' lady's gotta stay in semi-decent condition for when on-water season rolls around again. Sometimes I throw in some biking in Summer, or some swimming or weight lifting in Winter, or generally anything else that sounds fun. I have a positive but on-again, off-again relationship with daily stretching/yoga.

This was pretty much my workout routine through about the last 12 years of obesity, and continues to be my routine in year 3 of maintaining a healthy weight.

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,711 Member
    Options
    I walk an average of 7 miles (14k+steps) a day. Some planned brisk walks, but a lot of it simply from walking to the gym and yoga studio, which is two trips minimum a day.

M: Hot flow, yin, hot Pilates
    T: weight training w/ PT
    W: hot flow, yin, hot Pilates
    Th: Pilates, weight training w/PT
    F: hot flow, hot pilates
    S: hot flow, hot Pilates
    Su: rest day

I’m trying to take up running, so am trying to squeeze that in somewhere, too. So far, it’s c2k type run/walk intervals, but hopefully will improve. Too soon to have a pattern or faith that I’ll continue, although I did go get fitted for better shoes at a running store yesterday, thinking the expense might prove motivating.

I’d like to up the frequency of the weight training, too.

There is a new grocery opening a bike-able two miles away, too. Can’t wait!
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I strength train 3x a week with a PT, which I really enjoy. I need to work on my cardio, but it tends to make me nauseous and I’m generally not a fan. It’s a goal of mine to work on that.