Getting Started and Hingry

Options
tmtrahan
tmtrahan Posts: 2 Member
I am on a skinny course meals that are about 380 and less calories and I only get two 100 snacks. I am Coca Cola free and almost carb free but after working out after I eat my meal I’m hungry a few hours later. What can I do to feel full?

Replies

• nickdavis888
    nickdavis888 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, always have a bottle beside you, it helps curb my hunger! Worth a shot
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Use the MFP set-up to figure out how many calories you actually need and choose foods and meals accordingly.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Do you have time to make real meals?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Drop the Skinny Course Meals and eat real food in moderation. You can lose weight without being hungry.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hunger is a funny thing and it's different for everyone. It takes some experimentation to find a way of eating that makes you feel best. Here are some possibilities:
    • The calories this meal plan may be too low for you. Without knowing your stats or how many calories MFP recommends for you or how fast you're trying to lose, it's hard to be sure. But I feel like I want to gnaw my own arm off out of hunger if I drop below 1400 calories/day and you may be experiencing similar problems. If you want to share more details about yourself (height, weight, age, activity level, etc) we might be able to help more. But if this is the problem, then adding another snack or two or beefing up some of your meals with added sides might help.
    • The meal timing of this plan may not work for you. Not everyone likes the 3 meals a day + 2 snacks routine. Some people feel better grazing on small meals through the day and others feel better with only one or two meals a day. Moving your meals and snacks around to different times may help. Again, experiment and see what you like.
    • The macro split of this plan may not work for you. Others have mentioned they feel hungrier when they cut their carbs too low. Some people do better on very high protein or high fat diets. Others like a higher carb diet. Some people do better on a more moderate split. No idea what the macro split looks like on these meals. You might try adding fat, protein, or carbs into your meals to see how you feel best.
    • After you've tried all of the above, your body may just need time to adjust. Hunger is a funny thing and it runs partially out of habit. If your body is used to more food then it can take some time to adjust.

I don't think you necessarily HAVE to drop the Skinny Course meals. But it does sound like they aren't working for you as they are now. Work with what you have, experiment, and don't feel like you have to stick with any one plan if it isn't working for you.