Overwhelmed&frustrated😵

Options
Hi, I’m new to this whole thing. I almost 25 and after recent health issues and surgeries I put on more weight than I’m comfortable with. Need to lose roughly 100lbs or so to be back where I should be at my height and age. I just have no idea what I’m doing here and there’s a lot I can’t do bc of health problems so extreme diets and workouts won’t work for me. Any advice is welcome.

Replies

• shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Start small and whatever you do, make it realistic, sustainable, and don’t view it as a diet. Make it a lifestyle. Discipline over motivation. Good Luck. Add me as a friend if you like. As far as not knowing what you’re doing, you wouldn’t be the first to have felt that way. I think everyone has felt that at some level. Ask all the questions you need. All questions are good questions if you don’t know the answer.
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started by focusing on behavioral goals:
    1. log all calories (doesn't matter how much I ate. if hungry, eat)
    2. exercise for at least 30 min a day (walking is fine)

That helped me get a baseline and some behavioral patterns down before I started staying under calorie goals and limiting eating out. Also, don't focus on end goals. Just enjoy your life and the daily things you do.

NPR put out some great podcasts recently called Life Kit that was really affirming.
  • TheIrishApache
    TheIrishApache Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep small goals is key. And I understand having limited options on workouts as I was once stuck in a wheel chair. I've just started doing DDP Yoga and love it. I cant do anything high impact. I dont know what your limitations are, but it has options for exercising from bed or in a chair. It can basically start with a routine for anyone's mobility and help you work your way up :) I ordered the DVDs but now wish I'd just stuck with the app. The DVDs are pricey and the app has so much more on it.
    If you get too frustrated and need to talk it out, you can message me.