Fish

stephen_queen
stephen_queen Posts: 2 Member
What are your favorite fish receipes??

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Grill, broil, bake, or cook in a skillet until opaque (or until an internal temp of 145F). Grind a little pepper, sprinkle a little salt. Maybe drizzle a little olive oil and lemon juice if I'm feeling fancy.

Or, open can, mix with just a little mayo, some diced onion, celery seed or celery salt. Spread on bread or crackers, or stuff in a tomato. :smile:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    My mom's Chinese contact fried fish is not really diet food because of vegetable oil, but most of it stays in the bottom of the serving dish. Works with any lean-ish fish. My mom would use whole carp, but I have done this with whole salmon trouts, frozen tilapia and haddock fillets. It's a good dish for dinner parties where it doesn't even show if you accidentally break the fish fillets.

Finely dice a large handful each of green onion and fresh ginger. My mom would do a fine julienne like match sticks which looks pretty, but I find it easier just to dice green onions into rounds "horse ears" (angled rounds) and first slice ginger against the grain and then dice.

Cook the fish. My mom would poach in acidulated water but I just pop the fish in a rimmed serving dish into the microwave. Internal temperature should regsiter 145F or 63C or the fish should look opaque.

Once cooked, pile the ginger and green onions on top covering the fish in your rimmed serving dish. Add a large dash of soy, a squeeze of lemon, a good pinch of sugar, and a sprinkle of something alcoholic (rice wine, sake or sherry). Bring the fish to the table. Heat a quarter cup of vegetble oil very hot, and starting to smoke. Carefully drizzle hot oil over the herbs to blend the flavours. There will be a lot of dramatic sizzlig noises.

Serve with rice and an asian style cucumber salad.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Walleye baked in foil packet with fresh herbs and lemon slices.
  • ejdinwiddie
    ejdinwiddie Posts: 6 Member
    Tuna, Cannellini, and Cucumber Salad

If you were wanting to grill or lightly saute, basically all fish go well with dill and citrus and a side of roasted vegetables.
  • millzy64
    millzy64 Posts: 50 Member
    I cook this one a lot. Delicious. I usually prepare it without the asparagus but it's good either way. https://sarabrella.wordpress.com/recipes/main-course/baked-fish-with-tomatoes-capers-garlic-lemon-and-rosemary/
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Smoked Tuna & Shrimp Tacos
    I smoke the Tuna steaks and shrimp at 225 until the tuna steaks reach 145-150 internal temp. Smoke the shrimp until they get their pinkish color. Shred the tuna and chop the shrimp. Mix with Shredded cabbage, mango and pineapple salsa, chipotle lime dressing, wrap in a soft tortilla
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really like salmon or trout fillets sous vide.

1) Bathe the fish in brine for around half an hour
    2) Add to bag with lemon and maybe some herbs
    3) Cook in bag for around 45 minutes at 57 Centigrade.
    4) If you prefer it crispy, pat dry and sear before eating

https://anovaculinary.com/salmon-sous-vide-brining-key/

• carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    I like using parchment paper packs for fish- steams/ poaches the fish and keeps it moist. Salmon or trout with lemon and herbs, make a parchment paper pouch and bake for 20min at 400.
    I also love salmon with Maple soy glaze, but the lemon herb option is healthier!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited June 2019
    Place fish in baking dish. Sprinkle with kosher salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika. Place a pat of butter on the fish. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

Especially suited to Cod loin.

Also works well with chicken, minus the butter.