Fish & Chips - less than 350 cals!

Options
purplepollypops
purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
Tonight I made myself some fish and chips for dinner. I used Youngs Basa fillets which are 77cals each. I seasoned them with salt and pepper and a wedge of lemon and wrapped them in some foil and baked for about 20 mins. I then took a baking potato and sliced into chips, used some 1cal spray and some salt and pepper and baked for approx 25 mins. I served it with a bag of Tesco steamed veg. It was delicious!
Thought I should share this with you all! I know it's not traditional fish and chips but personally I don't like batter anyway so for me it tasted better than if I'd got it from the chippy!
Px

Replies

• GirlGettingFit37
    GirlGettingFit37 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! Thank you for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Please marry me so that you can cook for me every night.... :P
  • reedee94
    reedee94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    mmm. sounds lovely.
  • camberwellgreen
    Options
    Yumma!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sounds i'll be trying that thanks
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    Boy that sounds real good. I will have to get some fish next time I go to the store. Wonder if I could use tapalia?
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    Please marry me so that you can cook for me every night.... :P

Thanks for the proposal but alas, I am already married :happy:
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    Boy that sounds real good. I will have to get some fish next time I go to the store. Wonder if I could use tapalia?

I'm sure it will work equally well with any low cal fish. I only chose Basa because I know I like it and it's very low in cals. 200g was 2 large fillets and actually more than enough but I was very hungry so it was just right!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump !!