Frustrated!!!

Options
So I weighed in last night and I gained a pound. I'm not sure how that can be, since I went to the gym 6 days last week and kept at my designated calories for 5 out of 7 days. I know I went over by a bit on Saturday, but one day shouldn't be able to counteract 5 days of hard work!!! I'm feeling very discouraged right now!!!

Replies

• cgrant71
    cgrant71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So I weighed in last night and I gained a pound. I'm not sure how that can be, since I went to the gym 6 days last week and kept at my designated calories for 5 out of 7 days. I know I went over by a bit on Saturday, but one day shouldn't be able to counteract 5 days of hard work!!! I'm feeling very discouraged right now!!!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Body weight can fluctuate as much as 4 to 7 pounds a day, at least in my experience. You could have been having a light day when you weighed the first time or a heavy day when you weighed this time. Don't let the scale discourage you. Also, sometimes it can take a few weeks for your body to catch up to what you're doing. Stick to it. You're on the right track and you will see results soon.
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    don't get down on yourself, you went 5 days with doing good, and yes gained a pound but use it as motivaton to make you want to get the next 7 days right. you can do it. sometimes you'll slip but it just makes you want to go that much harder.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The scale is NOT nice. I weighed myself this week and am up a half a pound from last week, but down another inch in my hips and waist. My weight is constantly all over the place, I almost have to use monthly weights vs weekly to really get a good idea whats going on. The scale can be deceptive, if you haven't check your measurements and you my be pleasently surprised. You are doing great! Keep going!

Oh..and weigh in the morning, most people weigh less then!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    In addition to all the great advice that has already been given. Try drinking more water. It may sound counter intuitive but, it has worked for me. Keep going you are doing great!!!!
  • AliciaMarieP
    Options
    I saw that you wrote you weighed yourself at night, I couldn't imagine doing that, I'd be so discouraged, If you think about it, you will weigh your regular weight + all the food you ate that day + all the fluids you drank

My bit of advice would be to weigh yourself first thing in the morning and naked! :)

g'luck! and keep up all ur hard work! it WILL pay off
  • cgrant71
    cgrant71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouragement! The weigh in at night thing is because I joined TOPS and that is when their weighin is...this week was better, I was down 13/4 lbs...I am thinking about quitting the program though because it is more of a senior's social club than a weight loss program...I've been trying to keep up my spirits!!!