Why am I not losing weight?

Options
I’m very frustrated right now, to maintain my weight I would need almost 2500 cals, I’ve been eating about 1500 a day & im not losing!! Any ideas?

Replies

• sweetiefairygirl
    sweetiefairygirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I’m going to start measuring & weighing, I was getting so discouraged!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    If you are not weighing all of your solid foods and weighing/measuring all of your calorie-containing liquids, then you are likely eating more than you think you are. Get that scale and get weighing!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to eat a thousand calorie deficit chances are you are losing some weight. It may not be as much as you want without a food scale and a good handle on logging accurately with the sometimes wildly inaccurate MFP food database.

Here is a good article to read on weight fluctuations and why they will sometimes mask your progress:

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I’m very frustrated right now, to maintain my weight I would need almost 2500 cals, I’ve been eating about 1500 a day & im not losing!! Any ideas?

logging calories is an estimate. Wow, 2500, you must be super tall! But still, 1500 is typically a deficit except for a 5 foot nothing female like me.

How long?

It can take 30-90 days to get results so you could focus on the food scale rather than the body weight scale for weeks on end before you determine progress.

Also, it's super easy for people to say "but I'm eating at a deficit and nothing is happening" because people don't wait long enough. Also, we play mental accounting with calories just like with finances so some days we actually eat more than we logged. It's super easy for the intake to actually be higher then what you logged.

As the others said, make sure you are using a food scale, possibly not try to eat back exercise calories, troubleshoot your process, wait, be patient, focus on the process not the results, and the results will come later much delayed.

Best of luck!
    Roberta

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything in grams. It's amazing how much difference it has made for me. It's really just math but your numbers need to be accurate. Best of luck to you!