NEW and struggling

Options
I have always been heavy and it is so hard to loose weight. I am doing it to be healthy and live longer. Plus I have reached a point in my life where I feel as though I am now tired of being heavy. I no longer want to feel as though I have to shop in the :plus size" section just to find something to wear. Currently I'm a size 18/20 and I want to be asize 12-14 at least. if you llok at my profile I had a real bad set back on wednesday. My goal is to stay at least at 1500 cal per day. so wish me luck guys!!!

Replies

• tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Use this community often as there are many who can help you in your journey.
  • bgredenbaugh
    bgredenbaugh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I know it's really hard! A few months ago, I had the feeling I was never going to be able to do anything to change my upward trajectory - weight upward that is.

This website will give you great tools, so use them, reach out to all of us for support.

You can do it! Look at some of the success stories - there are so many people who were exactly like you, and look at them now. There is zero reason you can't be the next one to be showing off your flat tummy!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK, Vixen! I can feel your pain........I, too, am tired of shopping in the Plus sizes, and just want to lose enough to feel good about my weight again! My motivation factor isn't great, because I'm really not THAT unhappy with how I look (unless I see a "fat picture" of me ;) I think I'm in denial sometimes!

Hang in there, and keep charting those foods! I am finding it kind of fun, and am amazed that it's not as hard as I thought to stay within a limit!!!

Take care :heart:
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Don't let Wednesday get you down. Look forward, good luck, keep up the good work. Make habits out of the things which will help you.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It's just one day... The most important things you can do are:

1) get right back on track - don't let one meal/snack snowball into giving up

2) forgive yourself and move on - but definitely give some thought to why you gave in to temptation and what you can do next time.

Good luck!! You can do it!!
  • centi87
    centi87 Posts: 4
    Options
    Set goals you can achieve and keep going! Sometimes we have to set mini-goals before we reach are ultimate goal but the point is: no matter what goal you set yourself you can achieve it!

If you hear the voice in your head say "I can't do it" - it is a lie! You can do it and you can achieve the goals you want and be happy.

Everyone has a day and we think - "uh oh" - but it is okay. It was just one day in the many you will have. Learn from it and move on. Don't let one day stop you in your path to achieving what you want and can get.

Remember - keep smiling :)