Hello!

Options
Hi everyone this is my second time at MFP. A little bit about me, in 2015, I became a carer for my mum who was terminally ill with cancer, it took a toll on me and I put on a lot of weight, when she passed I resolved to be healthier and got on mfp and lost 15 kg, i was at the best place I’ve ever been mentally and physically, then I had a baby, I expected to get back on it and lose the weight soon after giving birth but didn’t anticipate how difficult proved to be for me, I wasn’t sleeping and was having panic attacks almost every night, I was eventually diagnosed with post natal anxiety caused in part by some unresolved grief. I coped by emotional eating so here I am 1.5 years after having a child still around 10 kg heavier than where I want to be, I was feeling down about it but eventually I decided to be kind to myself, I was in a place where I didn’t have any emotional strength to worry about anything other than getting myself in a better mental space and looking after my new daughter. Through the support of my family and lots of counselling I’m finally feeling strong enough to get back on the weight loss journey again :) just thought to share this because I have nowhere else to share :) thanks for listening

Replies

• varshah_pink
    varshah_pink Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all of us go through tough phases.... i know you will do great .... mfp is great place i will send friend request...i log daily...i have 65 kg to lose...
  • sunnygraceblevins271188
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Sebismom
    Sebismom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. My husband has a brain tumor and will undergo a biopsy in a few days. This is the start of a long road and I'm trying to balance my concern and care for him with self-care. We also have a seven year old son, so we have to tread lightly around certain issues and open discussions. All of my exercise and healthy eating are low priorities right now, but I hope to return to that when he is in recovery.
  • kiarnajane31
    kiarnajane31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You've truly been through a lot, but I am so happy to hear that you've sought professional help and that you're in a much better mental space at the moment! Props to you for taking that step towards self care and recovery!
    On another positive note, 10kg is not as daunting as it can feel sometimes. You're gonna get there before you know it 😁 Stick to your calorie limit (or under if you can) and make some healthy choices in your daily activities, such as walking to and from places that are nearby rather than driving, parking as far from the store as you can, taking the stairs, even simple things like tapping your feet or holding them slightly above the ground while you're at a desk... fidgeting and doing little things like that can bring your TDEE up and help you lose weight even faster with little to no effort. Drink plenty of water, and never underestimate the power of a good night's sleep.
    I know you can do it, you've already come so far, this weight should just fall off you now that you're in a better place in your life 😊
    Absolute best of luck, I'll send you a friend request now and maybe we can motivate each other every now and then 😁 I've lost 5kg in 5 weeks so far, I have 40kg more to lose still but im gonna get there!

Sorry for the long comment 😬