rewarding yourself?

Does anyone reward themselves for meeting a goal? What do you use? I have a step goal (11,000) and an exercise goal (4/7 days of the week). I dropped the water goal because I was always meeting it. Anyway, I don't want to reward myself with food and at the moment I can't drive due to seizures. I want to reward myself for meeting either goal more in a month than I don't make it, so making it 17/31 days. Any ideas? TIA

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,089 Member
    Do you shop online? (I don't, LOL.) If so,

Lipstick, nail polish, digital book or app, etc.
    Taking a bubble bath or pampering yourself in some other way
    Coffee or tea with a friend or neighbor
    Time spent on a hobby or interest you rarely spend time on

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Books.
    Beauty stuff, like my beloved heat brush.
    Video games.
    Band merch.
    In two weeks I'm dying my hair purple. :)
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    edited June 2019
    What about a vision board? I found the idea on pinterest, and I think I am going to do one.

Mine will be focused on weight loss, but it gives you a way to see your goals, check them off, and see a path towards a bigger goal. A few things I thought of for more frequent goals would be think of things related to each goal, like each month you meet your water goal you get a new water bottle, or each month you meet your step goal you get a pedicure or buy something fun like a foot mask (love those things). Some things not related to the goals might be go see a movie at the theater, make a wish list on Amazon and each month pick one thing you get if you hit your goals. Maybe brainstorm around that a little more and get small self-care fun things that will help you celebrate your mini-accomplishments on your way to larger goals.

asf9d0935aaw.jpg

As for what I do, I am still deciding my next reward, but I just hit my first weight loss goal last week of -20 lbs and got a new body weight scale i've been wanting and a new food scale.
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    I like to put my $ back into my workout gear: new top, new shorts, hairbands, foam roller, and the 'biggie', new sneakers.
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    I have a reward for every 5 pounds. Anything from a new nail polish color to a new work out outfit. I am a person who needs to work towards something. My goal weight reward is a specific vacation I want.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    One of my rewards is plants for my garden.
  • Erinsco
    Erinsco Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2019
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    One of my rewards is plants for my garden.

My mother would LOVE this--unfortunately I didn't inherit the gene that had been passed down for 5 generations :(

I like the idea of Amazon--I think I will use that. I have something like the vision board going. I use a calendar and stickers. I have four goals going at the moment--that's enough for me right now. Step count (it's summer in Phoenix, so that's going to be darn hard the next few months, plus a change in schedule means no mall walking for the next month and half), exercise goal--this is nice when I go mall walking but don't make the step count :) and my new one--Movement--move 10 minutes per hour from 6 AM to 7 PM. Also, taking medication--I'm HORRIBLE at that!

I also do best if I'm working toward some reward.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I have rewards for meeting weight goals, but I'm re-evaluating them, haha. I had to cut back on my spending.
  • _faedreamer
    _faedreamer Posts: 56 Member
    I reward myself with video games. Daily if I meet my goal then I can play as much as I want. If I meet my goals daily for a whole month, then I get either a new game or, if there's no games I want, a DLC for an existing game or some kind of in game upgrades maybe. I'm a nerd, so this works for me. Decide what you're interested and do it with that instead.
  • RelCanonical
    I reward myself with video games. Daily if I meet my goal then I can play as much as I want. If I meet my goals daily for a whole month, then I get either a new game or, if there's no games I want, a DLC for an existing game or some kind of in game upgrades maybe. I'm a nerd, so this works for me. Decide what you're interested and do it with that instead.

One of my rewards for a major milestone is a Nintendo Switch. (:
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    Interesting! I haven’t even thought about personal rewards. For me seeing the numbers drop was enough. And buying smaller pants
  • _faedreamer
    _faedreamer Posts: 56 Member

I want one so bad - even though it just means I'll be buying yet another copy of Skyrim lol. Maybe I'll make a Switch a stretch goal reward.
  • RelCanonical

I want one so bad - even though it just means I'll be buying yet another copy of Skyrim lol. Maybe I'll make a Switch a stretch goal reward.

Haha, I'm on my second Skyrim copy, although it might be my last because it's for pc and I have it all modded up. I reallly want Mario Maker 2 and a portable copy of Stardew Valley.
  • Erinsco
    Erinsco Posts: 7 Member
    So I've started tracking my goals. 16/30 on any of them earns me something off Amazon (movies primarily) so far

Step count (11,000) 5. Not enough time to make 16 on this goal ;)

Exercise: 15. Definitely going to make that one :)

Meds: (Yes, i struggle to take meds on a daily basis, even though I know I need them. This doesn't include the insulin, which I'm much better at taking on a daily basis) 11. Probably going to make this goal.

Movement: 6/12 hrs of the day: 10 good possibility of making this goal.