Starting Again

Options
Hello! I am starting this journey of getting healthy yet again. I'm 49 and at my heaviest at 275. I'm so ashamed and embarrassed that I can't control what I put in my mouth. I don't have any support at home and feel like I'm truly alone. I would really like to make some friends who are in the same boat as me so we can help and encourage one another to make this lifestyle change. Please add me!! 😊

Replies

• aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Goodluck you can do it. One meal one day at a time!
  • Pisces_MN
    Pisces_MN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Anna! So nice to meet you. I've lost 50+ lbs and gained it back too. I'm a big emotional eater and always turn to food when I'm bored. Also trying to make the change to a healthy lifestyle.
  • Tammiann1961
    Tammiann1961 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I sent friend request to both of you!
  • xoxohopeann
    xoxohopeann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean girl! What helps me sometimes is reading books, like Mindless Eating or French girls don’t get fat. They help to remind me to be conscious of internal triggers when I’m eating like am I actually full or is it just delicious and tastes good? Lol. We’re here for you!
  • dm01234_1
    dm01234_1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pisces_MN wrote: »
    .... I'm so ashamed and embarrassed that I can't control what I put in my mouth. I don't have any support at home and feel like I'm truly alone.

You're never out of it unless you quit on yourself. Keep moving ahead and you can accomplish anything you want.

Few/small sustainable goals will lead to large changes and larger goals. All come with success.

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We're here to support you through the process. <3
  • sararejnok
    sararejnok Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It does help when you get rid of all the bad food in the kitchen! Buy only what you need and when you get hungry or crave something, then you only have healthy food to binge on. I know I will have cravings and eat literally ANYTHING sweet whether I like it or not. Now I have nothing to grab at home except for fruits or vegetables or I have to make something. Baby steps, all in time!
  • ann60630
    ann60630 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pisces MN, you are not alone in your journey. This is probably my 4th time starting over! When I got on the scales this morning I was 305.2 pounds, by far the heaviest I've ever been and I'm only 5'2". Just take it a day at a time. Feel free to friend me if you wish.
  • Michael_Collier
    Michael_Collier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Two years ago I Lost 30 lbs, got side tracked and went back up. I logged into this app again on 5/21 and down 10 lbs. I put everything in excel since I am a numbers person and I need to see results. I plug in total calories, fitbit steps, sleep and each Friday I weight in. I also projected to loose .25 daily so you can see if you are ahead or a little bit behind. So far go good. My goal is that 30 lbs again. If I can do it, anybody can do it.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You can start right now to turn things around.. each week that goes by.. you will be stronger.. lighter.. more fit and you will know you're headed in the right direction.
    Read the success thread and get inspired... you can do this!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm starting at day 1 again too. I've gone back and forth so much over the past 3 years and now I'm back up in weight again, only 2 pounds less than my heaviest at 230 which on my 5'2" frame is not good at all. I'm so determined to make this my year, I'm 29 so I want to make this year my year and look the best I can and be healthiest in my first year in my 30s! I was doing so good at the beginning of the year but I've gained that weight back and slacked off so much, so here's to trying again!! I know it's hard but, you've got this and so many of us doing it with you!
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 4, so I can relate to restarting. I just need to make daily choices to avoid the "negative consequence" carbohydrates. I love processed junk and even the "so-called" healthy fruits and vegetables. However, I must limit these and focus on my low-carb, keto-approved foods. I have to get this access weight off me once and for all... one day at a time. :)
  • Pisces_MN
    Pisces_MN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. It's a real comfort knowing you're all here and the support is awesome.