Keto friends needed

Hey I need keto friends to help with food ideas as I a new to this and struggling so please add me and we can help each other 👍🏻

Replies

• girl_friday0307
    girl_friday0307 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey! I also need keto friends, am also new to this and also struggling for consistency. Some days, great. Some days, terrible. (hello, mountain mudpie...) Let's do this new thing together! :)
  • mewilson60
    mewilson60 Posts: 1 Member
    Me too. I just started the keto diet yesterday I was at a standstill counting calories and no weight loss For a while now so I thought I would try this.
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Im starting wih it too or trying to anyway. Im getting no where lately and need to lighten up on carbs at least.
  • Gailileo687
    Gailileo687 Posts: 6 Member
    Have any of you tried fat bombs? I know it sounds gross, but I had a hard time hitting my calorie targets and was starving. They are unbelievably good and satisfying!
  • andilee0902
    andilee0902 Posts: 18 Member
    I've been on the keto diet for a while now. Lost 11 pounds first 3 weeks. Now I'm stuck.
  • dhabari
    dhabari Posts: 9 Member
    Also I'm trying keto. I lost in the beginning but nothing for the past 2 weeks :(
    I did forget to bring cream to work for those 2 weeks and drank milk in my coffee. Could that be the reason?
    I am getting frustrated and depressed.
  • dvpita
    dvpita Posts: 4 Member
    I'm starting as well but I'm finding it quite easy on the food part.
    I just have a big omelette at noon with 2 eggs, mayo, cucumber, cheese and ham/bacon and a big salad with meat at 8pm. that's my food for the whole day.
    If I feel like a snack I just have some peanut butter or some nuts.
    I live alone and work from home so I don't need to pack food, that helps a lot.

Things I'm struggling:
    • dehydration and its symptoms (dizziness, dry lips)
    • constant water drinking and peeing
    • since I'm fasting as well, I no longer feel hungry, just a 24/7 weird feeling in the stomach
    • there's no way I can exercise like this, I feel weak and tired with minimal movement (I measure 2000cals intake per day, should be enough)
  • sasful78
    sasful78 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all, just starting Keto with a view to help slim down and be healthier. Please ad me I need Keto friends and accountability and guidance! I'm good and the support side :)
  • andilee0902
    I replace 2 meals a day with Keto shake, keto chow or keto bar. My other meal is a keto friendly meal. Snack is fat bomb or sugar free jello. Also found Rebel ice cream for up to 8 carbs per pint
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I am not doing Keto exactly but similar. I have an open diary and feel free to add
  • xiaomei07202012
    xiaomei07202012 Posts: 3 Member
    How do u add friends on here trying keto as well!!
  • blonde092
    blonde092 Posts: 2 Member
    Also new to Keto and would love some support! I live with my fiancé who refuses any type of diet or excercise. It is a STRUGGLE to make cauliflower rice with coconut oil while he is eating fried rice and crab rangoons. 😑 Anyone feel free to add me and we can do this together!
  • andilee0902
    Not sure how to add friends on here but need support and accountability with Keto plan. Feel free to add me to your friends and I will help you also. Need to get healthy before BP kills me
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    I've been doing intermittent fasting for over four months and just started low carb eating a couple of weeks ago and my weight is starting to go down again, so yayyyy!! :D I have learned a ton reading the Diet Doctor website. I've been on a lot of sites and done a ton of research and Diet Doctor is top notch for Keto understanding and really great recipes!
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Click on the name, click on the name again in the pop up. It brings you to their profile and there is an add button in the profile
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 138 Member
    I'm new to keto too. 34 yrs old. I Work from home, 4 kids. My youngest is 8 months and breastfed. Also looking for keto support
  • michquinn82
    michquinn82 Posts: 2 Member
    I can’t figure out to add friends either.
  • w1ndyk
    w1ndyk Posts: 9 Member
    I’m doing ‘dirty keto’ (if it fits my macros, I might eat it; I’m NOT super strict about cutting out all processed foods, artificial sweeteners, etc and will never tell someone they are ‘doing keto wrong’ (I have experienced this from others...)). Today was day 20 for me. I’m down 11.2lbs so far. Having keto friends on MFP would be nice! Feel free to add me as a friend 🙃
  • w1ndyk
    w1ndyk Posts: 9 Member
    dvpita wrote: »
    I'm starting as well but I'm finding it quite easy on the food part.
    I just have a big omelette at noon with 2 eggs, mayo, cucumber, cheese and ham/bacon and a big salad with meat at 8pm. that's my food for the whole day.
    If I feel like a snack I just have some peanut butter or some nuts.
    I live alone and work from home so I don't need to pack food, that helps a lot.

Things I'm struggling:
    • dehydration and its symptoms (dizziness, dry lips)
    • constant water drinking and peeing
    • since I'm fasting as well, I no longer feel hungry, just a 24/7 weird feeling in the stomach
    • there's no way I can exercise like this, I feel weak and tired with minimal movement (I measure 2000cals intake per day, should be enough)

Are you replenishing your electrolytes? With keto you lose a lot of electrolytes and just drinking water may not be enough. You need sodium, magnesium, and potassium. Don’t be afraid to add salt to all your food! I also take a magnesium supplement daily. When I forget to take my magnesium or don’t get enough potassium or sodium for a couple days I feel terrible.
  • melwitthoft
    melwitthoft Posts: 16 Member
    I’ve been on keto a little over a month. I have struggled and looking for friends that will help me too. Feel free to add me or anyone on this thread can as well