Will I keep loosing weight eating consistently?

Options
If I eat 1200 calories for a whole year same diet same meals will I loose weight or will I at some point just maintain my weight?

Replies

• Skinimalink
    Skinimalink Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You'll lose it slower after a while because your deficit will decrease as you lose weight, unless you up your exercise accordingly. Eventually you would hit a point where you would maintain.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You would eventually hit maintenance, but likely not within a year; you'd have to be very short and/or underweight for 1200 calories a day to equal your TDEE.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    L0vAnj wrote: »
    If I eat 1200 calories for a whole year same diet same meals will I loose weight or will I at some point just maintain my weight?

Maybe if you were really short and moved as much as a sloth. Otherwise, you would continue to lose weight. It would just get slower the lighter you became.

On another note, unless you are actually vertically challenged and sedentary, 1200 calories is probably not enough calories to begin with for healthy weight loss. The side-effects of losing quickly just aren't worth it. I'd not prefer that you didn't have your hair fall out, problems with brittle nails, losing excess muscle mass and potential damage to organs because you were losing too quickly.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Oops misread part of the post.. the rate would slow but at that low a calorie goal you should lose weight overtime (just maybe not "consistently" due to water fluctuation and other things going on with our body).

and agree that 1200 is to low for many woman. it's meant to be a floor to get enough nutrition for a very sedentary (nearly bed ridden) older very short female.
    https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    L0vAnj wrote: »

It depends on your current height and weight, and what a healthy weight for your height is. But unless you are very short and sedentary, 1200 cals is very low to be maintenance calories, and in fact would be low for many women trying to lose weight.

Why not set up your account here on MFP, choose a reasonable weekly goal, and eat the calories MFP gives you?
  • L0vAnj
    L0vAnj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 224lbs, I think I'm pretty short and I get light exercise, overall I am trying to loose 1 to 2lbs a week. MFP actually says I should eat 1200 to loose 2lbs a week.