100 day limit

Options
Starting tommorow I'm going to lose weight in a more healthier way. In addition, I'm going to see how much weight I can lose in 100 days, or 14 weeks. I want to lose around 20-35lbs, but that may not be realistic for me. During this period, I'll also be doing omad and 1 hour of exercise everyday.

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Focus on the journey instead of the destination. IMO your plan is too aggressive and potentially unsafe.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Honeyacid wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Best of luck.

I admit I am sad to see your goal of 20-30lb/b in 6 months is now 14 weeks (given the feedback that even that was aggressive). 20-30lbs given you have are 5'4 and 150 is not safely doable in 14 weeks so best to start with a safely achievable goal.

but the process is important and hopefully where you concentrate on a safe and healthy process. eat enough to sustain your exercise and your basic body's needs - that is the healthier way. don't think of the number at the end of X days. eat at a reasonably calorie deficit and exercise for health.

I was going to aim for 6 months, but then I saw a youtube video where a girl weighed the same as me and became 45kg in 14 weeks. All she did was exercise consistently and eat only fruits and vegetables. She also did the 16:8 method of intermittent fasting.

And if said girl jumped off a bridge?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Which youtuber is this?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    45kg is underweight for your height.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Which youtuber is this?

Freelee the Banana Lady, perhaps? Although there are lots of whackados on youtube so...

OP, please don't do this to yourself. It's your body and your life, but at least you can't say we didn't try to dissuade you.
  • shoebarb
    shoebarb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I understand the desire to speed up the process. But to me part of the process is learning something sustainable. One meal a day would not be sustainable for most people.
    Maybe try to exercise one hour a day and eat balanced macros. After 14 weeks you may have lost 14 pounds which is close to your goal and you felt better along the way.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    If my calculations are accurate, to lose 35 pounds in 14 weeks you'd have to have a daily deficit of 1250 from your maintenance calories. That's really extreme.

Have you eaten a mainly plant based diet before? Fruit and veg tend to be very low calorie foods. Trying to eating enough to fuel your body would be very difficult in one meal per day. Not to mention the lack of nutrients without at least eating grains and nuts.

This entire idea is a plan to fail. What's wrong with losing weight at a reasonable rate while eating foods that properly fuel your body?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Honeyacid wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Best of luck.

I admit I am sad to see your goal of 20-30lb/b in 6 months is now 14 weeks (given the feedback that even that was aggressive). 20-30lbs given you have are 5'4 and 150 is not safely doable in 14 weeks so best to start with a safely achievable goal.

but the process is important and hopefully where you concentrate on a safe and healthy process. eat enough to sustain your exercise and your basic body's needs - that is the healthier way. don't think of the number at the end of X days. eat at a reasonably calorie deficit and exercise for health.

I was going to aim for 6 months, but then I saw a youtube video where a girl weighed the same as me and became 45kg in 14 weeks. All she did was exercise consistently and eat only fruits and vegetables. She also did the 16:8 method of intermittent fasting.

It sound to me like you are contradicting your above post where you said that your goal is to be healthier rather than lose weight. You might want to take some time to really think about your goals as they relate to health and fitness. This is step one. Then you can work on a plan on how it is you are going to achieve them.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Additional exercise + massive dietary overhaul + unrealistic expectations = recipe for failure

Your "plan" is terrible from a health perspective, and your goals are at odds with each other.

We're here to help; when you're ready to take weight loss AND health seriously let us know.