38 year old looking for friends, kinda like sponsors in AA (lol)

Options
I am looking for other people around my age, who want to be friends on here. We can celebrate successes and work through challenges. Sometimes having someone to talk to helps more than anything.

Replies

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, and 63ish pounds into a 100lb weight loss goal. Feel free to add me!
  • tn3sport
    tn3sport Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Friend me girl
  • edicius941
    edicius941 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined today and could use some friends myself. I'm turning 40 in a couple months and have been through a handful of weight loss journeys in the past decade. Now I'm just trying to drop a stubborn final 10lbs or so. :smile:
  • ASchmeidler1981
    ASchmeidler1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I sent friend's requests
  • ekboh
    ekboh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too, would love friends. And I'm a friend of Bill W lol
  • gunner117
    gunner117 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I just heard the words pre-diabetes from my primary care physician so I have to get back on track. I'm on a journey to lose 74 pounds. I've already lost 10 so hopefully I can continue to lose more and get back to my Army weight. I could use the extra motivation.
  • Leeanre
    Leeanre Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself motivated my friend!!
  • shelleysykeskeene
    shelleysykeskeene Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Same age, 60lb weightloss needed! I have lost with this app before but I start losing, then give up 3 months down the line and put it all on again! Need some one to help keep me going - feel free to add me - commenters here fee free to add me too!
  • MotherRunnerSx3
    MotherRunnerSx3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    36 and ready to shed 25lbs
  • ASchmeidler1981
    Options
    Sorry I haven't responded recently. I just had my first grandson. We almost lost him and his mom. They are fine, but her has Spina bifida.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm almost 30 lbs in to a 60 lb weight-loss journey.
  • mbandqb4eva
    mbandqb4eva Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same age. Working on losing 30-35 lbs. Add me sent a request.
  • shelleysykeskeene
    shelleysykeskeene Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Same age - 38, female, looking for a support system. Let's be honest losing at our age offers a different set of challenges!
    I am 5 foot 3, sedentary lifestyle and I have around 30kgs to lose (+-60lbs I think?) I have set myself some mini goals
    Scale goals
    Lose 0.5kg a week or lose centimeters
    Exercise goals
    Walk for 30min x5 per week
    Diet goals
    Drink 2L or more a day
    No added sugar and no sweetners
    No soda
    Less carbs
    1200 to 1250 Cal per day
    Anyone on the same path as me?
  • ASchmeidler1981
    Options
    Same age - 38, female, looking for a support system. Let's be honest losing at our age offers a different set of challenges!
    I am 5 foot 3, sedentary lifestyle and I have around 30kgs to lose (+-60lbs I think?) I have set myself some mini goals
    Scale goals
    Lose 0.5kg a week or lose centimeters
    Exercise goals
    Walk for 30min x5 per week
    Diet goals
    Drink 2L or more a day
    No added sugar and no sweetners
    No soda
    Less carbs
    1200 to 1250 Cal per day
    Anyone on the same path as me?

If I focus on a "diet" I gain weight. I enjoy this app because it holds me accountable, and I pick and choose what I consume, and if I indulge, I increase my exercise. It's like playing a balancing game. It is kind of fun that way.
  • luke7721
    luke7721 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bring on the fellowship! put on so much weight - got a 12month journey min to get rid of it.
  • djmiller54
    djmiller54 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm David. Restarting myself after a successful 40 pound loss back in 2015 and a long slow climb back up 30 pounds. Oh well, at least I know I can do it. Motivation for me is a upcoming October hike in the Himalayas. I want to leave the weight back here, rather than haul it up the mountains ;)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    37 years. Average bmi now but still have some tummy weight to lose.