Help and advice

Options
I have just re started my “diet” this week and been back at the gym. MFP Tells me I need to eat 1200 per day to lose 2lbs a week.

My question is if I’m at the gym and exercising and burning around 300-400 per day could I eat those back ? My calorie burned amount comes from my HR monitor I use in the gym called MyZone. Not sure how accurate they are but I always calculate 50 calories less. So if my myzone says 450 il only input 400.

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    yes eat back the exervise calories. you can start with 90% and see

how tall are you, how much do you want to lose?
  • RabiaH1988
    RabiaH1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m 5”2 and I want to lose 2-3 stones
  • RabiaH1988
    Options
    So I need to change my goals, to be fair I didn’t think 1200 was enough I did find myself still hungry sometimes
  • RabiaH1988
    Options
    I know I’m going to sound really silly saying this. So I can eat what I want as long as I’m under my calorie limit ? I’ve changed my goals to losing 1.5lbs a week and it’s bumped my calories upto 1460.

So if I eat within 1460 and exercise 4 times a week burning 300-400 calories I can lose weight ?
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    RabiaH1988 wrote: »
    I know I’m going to sound really silly saying this. So I can eat what I want as long as I’m under my calorie limit ? I’ve changed my goals to losing 1.5lbs a week and it’s bumped my calories upto 1460.

So if I eat within 1460 and exercise 4 times a week burning 300-400 calories I can lose weight ?

Yes you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight since losing weight all comes down to maintaining a calorie deficit.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Yes you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight since losing weight all comes down to maintaining a calorie deficit.

^^yup
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options

yes for weight loss, it`s just math. eat fewer calories than you use up.
    but you should eat 1460 PLUS A REASONABLE ESTIMATE OF YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES. so on days you exercise you eat 1460+300=1760. if you feel 300 is possibly too high an estimate of your exercise calories you can eat 50-70% of them.

i mean for general health it`s good to ensure to get enough protein, fat and fruit veg. and differnet foods will make you feel fuller longer. but those don`t matter directly for weight loss (well feeling full can help you keep to your calorie goal).
  • RabiaH1988
    Options
    That’s great thank you for your replies and help !! :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    If you find that after you bumped your calories up that you're still not losing, I would eat back less exercise calories. 400 seems really high.
  • RabiaH1988
    Options
    My estimated calorie burns come from my heart rate belt that I wear during a gym session. I always in put it around 50 calories less than what it states on my monitor just in case. I try not to eat back the calories on some days and some days I only eat back a little bit but never all the calories I’ve burnt