HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Options
Ahhh I'm going out of my mind, I don't know where I'm goimy wrong. I am 35yrs, 77kg, 5'8. I am very active. Walking upto 20.000 steps 6 days a week in my work place. I do weight 3 times a week. 1 HIIT session and a 3.5km run. I have lost 75lbs over the course of a year. I drink 3000mls of water a day and track and weigh all my food. I'm on 1600 cals and don't eat back any of my exercise cals. I have for the past 4 weeks put on 3lb. Where am I going wrong. I wanted to lose another 7lb by end of August but feel like I'm not getting anywhere now. I'm so frustrated. I don't think I could eat any less as I would feel really hungry and light headed when exercising. What is every ones opinion or advice. I'm so confused to which way to progress.

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Have you taken any planned diet breaks?
  • Kellz2283
    Kellz2283 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I find the hardest part is the mindset of trying to eat more calories because for so long I've stayed away from them. I attend a weekly weigh in class too, which encourages the smaller numbers on the scales, but doesn't really factor in my body composition. I will trial with the extra cals for a month and see where I get. I'm too obsessed about the number on the scales atm .
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are slow and if you are lifting weights, your weight may maintain but you are losing inches.

However, if you are hungry and light headed while working out, you need to change your meal timing to having a snack before working out and/or eat more calories. That's not safe or healthy.

I'm 5'8 and 140 and lose at 1800-1900 working out an hour or less 5-6 days a week. You sound a bit exhausted and maybe need a diet break for a couple weeks before you start losing again.

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh all your food?
  • Kellz2283
    Kellz2283 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I use a food scale and weigh everything, even my salad. I did once drop my cals to 1300 but felt lethargic from it. I eat very healthy and don't eat junk. I don't drink alcohol. There is so much conflicting advise its hard to know where to adjust
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    DevilsFan1 wrote: »
    Your TDEE decreases as you lose weight. The calorie count that worked for you before may not work now because you are eating closer to your TDEE now. As for the lightheadedness, there are too many variables to consider. Are you sufficiently hydrated? Regardless, if you haven't lost weight over the course of two weeks, you aren't eating at a deficit any longer and you need to reduce your caloric intake again.

Staying at the same weight for two weeks does not necessarily mean that one is not in a deficit. Two weeks is not a plateau, especially if one doesn't have much weight to lose. There's also considerable evidence that OP is undereating, and telling her to decrease her calories is probably a bad if not dangerous idea.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    There is a considerable degree of evidence that you're under-eating for your current level of activity and leanness. Diet break with at least two full weeks of eating at maintenance--to be honest, longer if you've been doing the light-headed thing for long--would be highly suggested. And a resumption of weight loss at a much more reasonable for this point of weight loss no more than 20% of TDEE reduction, or alternatively a 0.5lb a week target.