I'm a Middle Ager

Options
Hi I'm a middle ager who has just recently joined a 6 week challenge to drop at least 20lbs. This is my third week and I have not lost a pound.
I'm on a strict diet and I exercise 5 days out of the week.
Any kinda of advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
Feeling frustrated and discouraged :(

Replies

• sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? My nutritionist told me to increase my calories from 1200 to 1475. I'm 52.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    What do you mean with 'strict diet'?
  • jechartea
    jechartea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2.5-3 hours meal consists of 4 oz protein, 2 oz carb usually i eat brown rice and oats for breakfast. unlimited veggies i eat asparagus, broccoli, green beans, and spinach. my snack between meals is 4 oz of protein. i also do a protein shake in lieu of chicken fish or turkey. so i have a meal, snack, meal, snack, meal, snack which is every 2.5-3 hours. hope that makes sense.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    jechartea wrote: »
    I eat every 2.5-3 hours meal consists of 4 oz protein, 2 oz carb usually i eat brown rice and oats for breakfast. unlimited veggies i eat asparagus, broccoli, green beans, and spinach. my snack between meals is 4 oz of protein. i also do a protein shake in lieu of chicken fish or turkey. so i have a meal, snack, meal, snack, meal, snack which is every 2.5-3 hours. hope that makes sense.

And how many calories is that? How do you determine these amounts?

How old are you? How tall? How much do you weight?

What what workout do you do?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    20 lbs in 6 weeks is an average of 3.3 lbs per week. Unless you have over 100 lbs to lose, that's not advisable or realistic.

To lose weight, you need to be in a calorie deficit. To ensure you are in a calorie deficit, it can help to log your food and use a food scale to weigh out your portions.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1

Your profile says you have 33 lbs to lose. If that's true, a realistic, sustainable rate of loss would be 1 - maybe 1.5lbs per week, or 6-10 lbs in 6 weeks.
  • jechartea
    jechartea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in a calorie deficit diet and I weigh all my portions of food except the veggies. I am eating roughly 1100 calories a day. But still no weight loss.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to temporarily make your diary public? Sometimes fresh eyes can catch what you're missing.

And what is your height and weight?
  • vanillaorange2
    vanillaorange2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can loose inches and fat and see no change on the scale. If your building muscle it will weigh more then fat. I also know how frustrating this can be. Now that I’m 40 it takes more work then it did in my 20’s & 30’s. keep up with your meal plan and work outs, you will start to see results if you stay consistent. I weigh in on a inbody scale at my local Nutrishop store. It reads my fat percentage, muscle mass and water weight. It helps me see the progress I’m making even when the numbers on my normal scale stay the same.