How does you record your Cals from weights

Options
curlywurlie
curlywurlie Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
I’ve started doing weights 2-3 times a week but MFP won’t record this. How does everyone get round this? Should I just enter as walking and use the number of cals burnt that are recorded on my fit bit? Thanks guys x

Replies

• DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Enter Cardio and it's there under 'Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)' - about same burn as a walk though, sadly.

• abryant56
    abryant56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can use the MapMyFitness app that’s linked to MFP and made by the same company. It lets you actually log a weight lifting workout and it will sync the data to MFP. It does estimate a higher calorie burn though but it also will allow you to enter a different calorie number if you need to
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I personally just use my Garmin watch. It tries to guess what lift I'm doing and counts reps (I can correct it after each set) so it actually provides some value for this.

Unfortunately lifting really doesn't burn many calories. But that's not why you do it. :smile:
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I never bother logging weights unless I rush through the sets without rest, in which case I log as circuit training. You have to have access to a very un-crowded gym to do this!