this too few cals?

Options
bukbuk69
bukbuk69 Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2019 in Food and Nutrition
i ate 5 fried eggs and chicken breast, i thought that was about 1.5k cals but i googled nutrition of eggs n chicken breast and its only 729 cals, i cant eat more than that because i feel full
is this unhealthy brahs?? i dont want to stunt growth

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    is this because you plan to only eat that one meal all day?

to calculate the calories you would want to enter the 5 eggs (size), weight of the oil used, weight of the chicken breast. add any sauces, toppings or whatever else you used.

but yes that would be too few calories for the day big time.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Why why why would that be all of your food for the day?

Yes, 729 calories is way too little. Based on the "brah", I assume you are male. Unless you are incredibly short, the MINIMUM recommendation for males is 1500 calories per day. Most men actually need much more than that and can still lose weight. Use food diary here to actually log your food and help you reach your calorie goal. You don't have to eat again immediately if you are full, but you should be able to eat something calorie dense like nuts, peanut butter, dairy, etc. later to get more calories.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Beyond calories, that menu is sadly lacking in variety and nutrients, which you need for good health and growth. You should be eating a wide range of foods (and a lot more of them).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    bukbuk69 wrote: »
    i ate 5 fried eggs and chicken breast, i thought that was about 1.5k cals but i googled nutrition of eggs n chicken breast and its only 729 cals, i cant eat more than that because i feel full

Why did you post in Nutrition?

Are you trying to bulk?

Maybe post in the Gaining Weight section.

Wait a few hours and have a salad and an apple and something other than protein.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I am confused as to how that fills you for an entire day? Are you only eating one meal?

If that is truly filling you for an entire day, you need to look at other food that you don't find as filling, but has more calories. peanut butter is a good example.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yes way too few for the day.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

If you mean this is your pre-workout meal and you intend to eat more later you are fine.
  • bukbuk69
    bukbuk69 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    this was for the whole day
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    this was for the whole da

Seems trollish then.

In case I am wrong I don't believe that you are physically incapable of eating more food than that in an entire day. If you are you need to see a doctor. I won't start on balancing your nutrition better because I don't think I am wrong.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    That's not enough calories.

What do you mean by stunt growth. How old are you OP?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Yeah, how old are you?

Because 900 calories per day is even too low for a one year old.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    So did you eat more to make up for it then? And are you making sure to eat more than 1500 every day plus your excercise calories?