Wish me luck

Options
I'm on day 2 of lazy keto. I did well with it before, but going through a divorce has thrown me for a loop. Regained 51 pounds in 6 months. I could definitely use some words of encouragement or home weight training advice if anyone has any.

Thanks!

Steve

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!😊
    This is an awesome site for support and encouragement. You’ve got this and we’re here to cheer you on all the way!🎉
  • ScubaSteve814
    ScubaSteve814 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!😊
    This is an awesome site for support and encouragement. You’ve got this and we’re here to cheer you on all the way!🎉

Thanks, I appreciate that!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3
  • ScubaSteve814
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Welcome to the community! <3

Thanks!
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck to you . . although luck has very little to do with fat loss, I'm sure you know. My advice is take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, and just keep at it. It takes time.

As far as home weight training, I love it. I don't belong to a gym anymore. I prefer a home gym, working out when it's convenient for me and without having to deal with crowds. If it's been a while since you've lifted, starting out with body weight moves works well to get your body ready for adding weights. Also, doing a full body workout is good conditioning and burns fat. Squats, lunges, pull-ups, push-ups, dips, planks or sit-ups, and calf raises. Do 3 sets of 12 - 15 reps with only brief rests. Doing this 3 times a week for a few weeks (after warming up) will get you ready for adding weights.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Divorce did that to me too. Today is my day 1 of no bread (baby steps). I'm dying a slow painful death, but hopefully will be able to drive out my gluten addiction soon
  • ScubaSteve814
    Options
    Yeah. Divorce did that to me too. Today is my day 1 of no bread (baby steps). I'm dying a slow painful death, but hopefully will be able to drive out my gluten addiction soon

Bread isn't my kryptonite, that would be fries and chips. Those 10 ounce single serving chip bags are a big part of the reason I gained. Can't fill a void in life with food. I'm trying to remedy that now.
  • LegendarySuperSaiyanErok
    Options
    I just started Keto seriously on Monday this week it is legit awesome I also started CrossFit on Monday as well, I’m here to support YOUR GOALS!!!