Need help to even out arm muscles

Hey all! My right arm is the dominant strength, leaving my left to looking wimpy in comparison. Should I just do more reps and sets with my left to catch it up? Do I need to add more weight at the same time?

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2019
    Might want to stick with unilateral exercises; start with non-dominant arm going towards failure but only match reps with dominant arm (same weight both arms). Magic ingredients = time + compliance

<-Ambidexter. I generally stick with this method for unilateral stuff (not quite equal in terms of strength for each arm...left shoulder weaker, but left biceps stronger, etc.); constant battle for being equivalent. Erin Stern also uses this method of training to balance things out
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    I would suggest one of the following at a frequency of 2x a week on a GPP day for a month then move up the frequency to 3x a week while eating at maintenance or preferably in a surplus. I wouldn't concern myself with different weights for each arm.

1. Myo reps: Starting with a weight for a activation set that will produce 12-20 @RPE8 and target sets of 3-5 afterwards.

2. Sets/reps: Sets at a weight that will hit the range of 12-15 @RPE8 for two sets of each movement. Increase one set each week until you reach five total sets of each.

3. Seven minute timer supersetting each movement with a rep scheme 12-20 @RPE8 for four weeks than use a ten minute timer.