Gained 50 pounds traveling for Work!😳

Options
yward1
yward1 Posts: 2 Member
I would like to lose 50 pounds. I am on the road for work 4 to 5 days out of the week. I go to very rural areas were food choices are limited. Exercise has proven difficult because I am in a vehicle sometimes 13 hours in a day. I would love a support group that can offer advice and support on making healthy eating decisions.

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Pack your food in a cooler/lunch bag. Make sensible choices at restaurants/gas station/fast food places
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    While traveling and I can't get to a gym or can't workout outdoors exercise, I do Youtube workouts on phone. Or I'll put some of my fav low impact cardio workouts that doesn't require a lot of space or any equipment on my phone.

Bringing my resistance band and/or doing bodyweight work in my room helps. Even jogging in place while watching TV for 20 minutes is better then nothing.

Regarding food, I try my best to get a room with a kitchenette if possible and bring some of my own things. I like to bring my own homemade protein bars or unsalted cashews that has been weighed and put into snack baggies.

If there's a mini-fridge I'll go to a local market or store and pick up fruit, bottled water and small items.

When going out to eat I look up menus online and have an idea of what I want to eat and a backup.

When I was losing weight I chose to fill up on veggies and not so much starches like fries or mashed potatoes - although if I really want it I'd have it.

Not drinking calories in general save me so many calories. I make my own tea blends and bring some with me.