Mind over matter - curbing my cravings

Options
I don't know about you, but I think I get the munchies and snack a whole lot more on the days I'm stuck behind my desk. I think moving around a lot keeps my cravings down. On the days I'm running around with the kids, doing chores, running errands, I just don't get as hungry. That makes me think a lot of my eating is to satiate a psychological need rather than a tummy craving. Mind over matter!

Replies

• caseylh
    caseylh Posts: 1
    Options
    i sit behind a desk all day too. Eat ice- that helps me the most:)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That's absoloutely the right way to be thinking!
    I have a desk job and I know exactly what you're saying...so, I pack a bowl of assorted veggies every day and munch on those throughout the day. It sure keeps those bothersome cravings at bay.
  • diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    I don't know about you, but I think I get the munchies and snack a whole lot more on the days I'm stuck behind my desk. I think moving around a lot keeps my cravings down. On the days I'm running around with the kids, doing chores, running errands, I just don't get as hungry. That makes me think a lot of my eating is to satiate a psychological need rather than a tummy craving. Mind over matter!

Totally agree. I work about 6 months out of the office and about 6 months behind a desk. As a nurse we are known to pack on the pounds because of timing issues. Well i find i eat way more when im in the office.. even when i dont bring snacks ill go looking ans grubbing for some... its a sad thing but ur post hits so close to home.... Ughhhhhhhh...
  • QUEENPINKSPARKLE1965
    QUEENPINKSPARKLE1965 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree..its all in the mind set.. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :love: