Hi! I’m on attempt number....lost count!

Options
kerry2285
kerry2285 Posts: 10 Member
Hi!

I’m Kerry and a serial ‘dieter’. I’ve mainly tried slimming world, weight watchers and calorie counting type diets. I do well for a few months then a big event pops up and I end up falling off the wagon. I do find my lack of willpower really doesn’t help.

I had my daughter back in September (she came 6 weeks early so a bit of a surprise!) and I’d only put 2 stone on by then, however after endless broken sleepless nights and using biscuits to help keep me awake, I’m now the biggest I’ve ever been.

I used to be fairly active prior to getting pregnant and was at a gym class 2/3 time a week and I tried to eat healthy most of the time. I haven’t gone back to the gym as it’s not possible now, no one to look after little legs at that particular time. So I’m going to try my hardest to do some home workouts.

I’ve a huge amount to lose but I’m not trying to think about that, I just want to focus on losing weight over time and keeping it off. I’m not following any diet, just in putting my food on here, if I go over my target some days so be it, just hopefully won’t do that on a daily basis!

Being on maternity leave can be a bit lonely so if you can relate, want some motivation or fancy a chat please get in touch 😊

Good luck everyone on your journeys x

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

You'll find tons of support here. You have a great outlook in knowing it will take time.

Fill out your food diary truthfully, get a scale for your food, and remember, calories in, calories out. <3
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum.
    Especially this one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Also, it's often the case that serial dieters try to do too much at once, try to lose weight too quickly, and hold themselves to lots of extra rules they can't stick to. Try to just eat the foods you like, log accurately and consistently, and learn as you go which foods fill you up (prioritize those) and which foods leave you hungry (try to use these as treats or have them less often). All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit, and even to be healthy you don't need to eat a 100% virtuous diet. And remember that the only way to fail at this is to quit. Everyone blows past their calorie goal sometimes, you just need to learn from it and do better tomorrow. Make it as easy as possible, be patient, and good luck!
  • mitch22098
    mitch22098 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new baby. Losing weight is a journey, and every stone is like a step. The first is the hardest, but when you are moving it gets rewarding. One step at a time.