Question for mamas

Options
nas24
nas24 Posts: 880 Member
So my daughter is 13months and as active as a bee. When you are out at the park, chasing your little one around, lifting, all that good stuff, it can start to seem like a workout. But i don't know what to call it. Do you log things like that in your exercise journal? If so what do you list it as?

Replies

• Visser1971
    Visser1971 Posts: 131
    Options
    Hello, I consider that a part of my general activity level. I work in an office normally, but am very active with the kids in the weekend and nights, so I used a lightly active lifestyle option instead of sedentary. Hope this helps. Cheers, Christy
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It depends on if that is an everyday thing for you. If you have you activity level set as sedentary then yes log it.If your activity level is set at anything else I personally wouldn't log it.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I would consider under your lifestyle when you set your settings to active
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 yr old and an 8 year old and i know exactly what you mean and it can definately be a workout. Unfortunately I don't log it bc There really isn't an exercise labeled "chasing a two yr old" ,, lol,, most ppl will probably tell you to invest in a HRM.. EVERYONE tells me that. I am working on getting one soon,, bc of things like that. Good luck!
  • nas24
    Options
    Yeah i had another mother on her say to log that as exercise, but even though it gets me going, i find it just part of my "lifestyle" and dont feel its a true work out (sometimes, lol) . Thanks ladies
  • cmlewis86
    cmlewis86 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If my son and I are doing something that isn't part of our daily activities, for example playing tag, I will log it. Many times I incoorporate him into my workout because it is more fun (he's almost four). I would take the majority of what you are doing and log it as that. If you are walking or running or lifting kids then that's what I would log.
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello, I consider that a part of my general activity level. I work in an office normally, but am very active with the kids in the weekend and nights, so I used a lightly active lifestyle option instead of sedentary. Hope this helps. Cheers, Christy

This is the exact same thing I do as well.
  • nas24
    Options
    Yeah i put lightly active as my lifestyle.