Looking for suggestions for something quick and easy for Breakfast?

kasen23
kasen23 Posts: 5 Member
So every morning I eat 2 fried eggs, sometimes I scramble them. But that is pretty much what I eat every single morning for breakfast at 7am. Around 10 I have a banana and oatmeal. I have been eating eggs all my life and honestly I'm getting tired of them. I'm looking for suggestions for something that would replace the 2 eggs I eat every morning with something that is quick but also healthy.

Thanks

Replies

• ohboop
    ohboop Posts: 1 Member
    You could consider making chia seed "yogurt/pudding" in the morning. Chia seeds are good sources of protein and fiber, but they need some time to absorb whatever liquid you're putting them in (most people use some type of milk). You can soak them overnight, but I just let them soak for ~10 minutes while I cut up the fruit I want to add.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    I either eat eggs with zuchinni and spinach or Fage 0 or 2% Greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries. I used to have oatmeal but found I was hungrier after eating it. You don't have to have breakfast food for breakfast.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I eat greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and berries pretty much every morning. Prep it at night and have it ready to go as I leave for the gym at o'dark-thirty.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I really like oatmeal smoothies lately. Milk, water, oats, and flavorings such as cocoa powder and cinnamon or greek yogurt and berries. Prep it at night and stick in the fridge. Hit with the emulsifier next morning and ready to go.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    I have a couple recipes for egg bites and oat bites. The oat bites are oatmeal, banana, peanut butter and egg whites baked into muffins. I have done savory versions with avocado and salsa or pesto and zuchini. I recently did a bread variation with oatmeal eggwhites and cottage cheese, that would work well as an egg sandwich. The egg bites are cottage cheese eggwhites and some sauteed vegetable with or without cheese . Easy to make 1-2 dozen on the weekend and gives you enough for a week. The muffins would be very similar to your oatmeal and banana but on the go.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I do a trail mix of almonds, granola, and roasted edamame.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,247 Member
    I eat Greek Yogurt with 2-3 TBS of whey protein isolate, and 2-3 Tbs of chopped walnuts (takes about 90 sec to fix). If you have another 60-90 sec, add berries. Calories easily adjusted by increasing/decreasing amt of chopped nuts. whey protein and berries.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited June 2019
    Another vote for Greek yogurt with mix ins of your choice. I usually mix in chia seeds, unsweetened coconut, chopped raw nuts, and mini chocolate chips.
  • nnelson81
    nnelson81 Posts: 1 Member
    Overnight oats are great to make ahead and eat throughout the week!
  • kasen23
    Wow lots of awesome suggestions! Thanks everyone I have plenty of options to try now :D
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    I like overnight oats occasionally. You can mix up the types and prepare some in advance. I was eating plain greek yogurt, added honey and a side of berries for a long time.
  • rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    Overnight oats are fun! I wake up wondering what happened to those little buggers. Helps get me out of bed.
  • kasen23
    So I was thinking I'm going to try some Greek Yogurt+Frozen fruit+Granola. My question is portion size for each ingredient . I typically have 2 eggs each morning which is around 150 calories so I'm trying to stay in that range but still feel full. I was thinking of the following for the granola?

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/products/productlisting/pc-blue-menu-granola-boost-with-omega-3-banana-nut.html

Thanks
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Porridge with cinnamon and half an apple cooked through it. Devine. Either that or vegemite on toast.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Light and fit Greek yogurt +half an apple should be close to the same calories as your eggs. You could also do a protein bar, like quest, rxbar, etc for around 180-210cals.
  • wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    Light and fit Greek yogurt is 80 calories. Kind granola is one of the less calorie dense ones, plus 13 grams protein. The chocolate one is 110 calories per serving? I usually have those two with a third cup of almond milk mixed in. (I just like the more liquid texture for some reason)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Google low calorie breakfast recipes and stand back, there are tons!
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    Sometimes I make an almond butter banana cold brew smoothie. 1x frozen banana, 2tbsp almond butter (I use RX vanilla or Buff Bake snickerdoodle almond butter, 1-2 scoops of plain or vanilla whey, 4 fluid oz of cold brew concentrate, and 8 fluid oz of unsweetened almond milk. You can also throw in some 0% fat greek yogurt to thicken it up.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I have cut bread out (again) and am getting tired of omelet. I got some yogurt, so I can have a half cup of yogurt with a bit of muesli (and honey if I am particularly craving sweets)
  • duckduckmeduck
    duckduckmeduck Posts: 1 Member
    I frequently have FF Cottage Cheese with Tomatoes and chicken sausage mixed in. I prefer a savory breakfast, and this hits the spot.