so... i have a question :D

well. . . on my thing it asks lifestyle(ex:seditary etc.)
mines set on seditary(sorry if im spelling this wrong im na exactly sure what it says lol)
i dont work but i do chase my 1 yr old around all day and my 4 yr old when shes home from school(lol wow im outta it today). so the question would be: what should mine be set on really??

Replies

• FASTBALL1539
    FASTBALL1539 Posts: 6 Member
    I would leave it on that so even if you do burn more calories by chasing them around you still eat less helping you loose weight faster!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    mines set on seditary(sorry if im spelling this wrong im na exactly sure what it says lol)
    i dont work but i do chase my 1 yr old around all day and my 4 yr old when shes home from work. so the question would be: what should mine be set on really??

Your 4 year old goes to work?
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Your 4 year old when she's home from work? I hope you mean school.. I didn't know 4 year olds could get jobs... :P
  • I would leave it on that so even if you do burn more calories by chasing them around you still eat less helping you loose weight faster!

I'd say he's got it right. "Sedentary" kinda has that lazy connotation to it, but it's the closest, I think, to what you do, considering you don't work out.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Your 4 year old when she's home from work? I hope you mean school.. I didn't know 4 year olds could get jobs... :P

They can in China and Indonesia
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    and my 4 yr old when shes home from work.

Your 4 year old works?!

Keep it where it is ande see what your results are. It will basically give you more calories
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    I'd say it depends if she works part time or full time.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Shawn_Marie Posts: 307 Member
    I would leave it on that so even if you do burn more calories by chasing them around you still eat less helping you loose weight faster!

I'd say he's got it right. "Sedentary" kinda has that lazy connotation to it, but it's the closest, I think, to what you do, considering you don't work out.

I agree as well, if you aren't working out but running after the kiddos leave it on sedentary. I also wondered about the 4 year old :huh:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    :laugh: I love that we all read that her 4yo works and skipped over the sedintary question. I'm guilty, too.

I'd say still sedentary unless you literally chase them all day long.
  • i dont work but i do chase my 1 yr old around all day and my 4 yr old when shes home from work.

you send your 4 yr old out into the workforce? haha- I'm sure that's a typo :wink:

If you pretty much go non-stop from early am till late afternoon, then I'd consider it more than sedentary. Lightly active would be a greater assessment- they compare it to a nurse, mailman.
    But, if you are able to sit down throughout the day and catch your breath here and there- or if what you do throughout the day varies- running errands, doing laundry, etc.
    then maybe keep it @ sedentary and consider logging the stuff you are able to do in your exercise dairy?
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    I am always moving around with my two girls and I am set on Active!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,079 Member

well i do work out too lol
    and yea i ment school lol im outta it today first i said my d yr old lol but i think i fixed that befor anyone saw that
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    i dont work but i do chase my 1 yr old around all day and my 4 yr old when shes home from work. so the question would be: what should mine be set on really??

Your 4 year old goes to work?

Hope that is a typo! Lol.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    To the OP: You changed your post JUST as I was about to award you Parent of the Year.
  • :bigsmile:
    I'd say it depends if she works part time or full time.

Bhahahahahahahaah! That's great! :laugh:
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,079 Member
    well im glad i gave everyone a laugh(including my retarded self) lol
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Either leave it as "sedentary" and the days you run around after them A LOT then log it as condensed exercise of running for an hour or if it IS most days and you are on the go non-stop then change it to "Active" :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Peg Bundy was sedentary. She sat on the couch eating bon bons all day.

I would say you're lightly active, but I wouldn't log any of your normal activity as exercise (cleaning, etc). Only things above and beyond your normal activity.