Help please am I doing this right?

Options
Horizontal seated leg press
Lat pull down
Cable bicepts bar
Cable bicepts bar (push down)
Chest press
So I do cardio 4 times a week but want to add strength training which I listed, my question is do I do strength training all 4 days with the cardio?

Replies

• HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Personally, I alternate days, strength 1 day, cardio the next. But I don't think you are wrong if youd like to do them both the same day.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Work each muscle group every 2-3 days with strength training. So 3 days a week, not 4, if you do them all together.

It's best to follow a proven program. If you absolutely must design your own program, read this entire page on how to do it properly:
    http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-ultimate-weight-training-workout-routine/
    There's also a beginner program in my profile.

You can do cardio after or before weights. But you should not lift weights when fatigued from cardio. :+1:
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys this is very helpful
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I do cardio pretty much every day and lift 3x per week. Every now and then I'll take a day off but it's uncommon.
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think that's what I am going to do cardio everyday and strength training mon wed Friday and then sat and Sunday will be my days off
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    If it matters, the reason I do some form of cardio every day is that I enjoy riding a bike and hiking.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    If it matters, the reason I do some form of cardio every day is that I enjoy riding a bike and hiking.

Absolutely the best reason to do any exercise imo

I do cardio/run every day and strength train with heavyish weights 3x week (also do bodyweight stuff almost daily, but that's usually mixed in with some cardio). I run every day because I love to run, I live in an area of outstanding natural beauty (Constable country, if you've seen his painting "The Haywain" I actually get to run in the area that was painted) and I get to run with rabbits, foxes, deer and squirrels on a regular basis
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Horizontal seated leg press
    Lat pull down
    Cable bicepts bar
    Cable bicepts bar (push down)
    Chest press
    So I do cardio 4 times a week but want to add strength training which I listed, my question is do I do strength training all 4 days with the cardio?

Personally I would try to use free weights and follow and established beginner program (there's a stickied thread in the weight gain/body building section I believe.

Big compound lifts with a barbell or dumbbells work your whole body (including) rather than just one muscle group and they allow you to use a more natural range of motion.