Need help with motivation

Options
I need help with motivation especially when I feel I’m not seeing results but I can see stuff in the fridge that I shouldn’t eat I start to feel whats it going to hurt but so far I’ve been staying true to my diet except for the occasional soda which I feel guilty every time I drink one so far starving myself is kinda getting hard anyone have any good recipes for this burger lover I’m trying so hard but not seeing huge results like i want too trying not to lose focus on my goals

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    No one can really motivate you. They can INSPIRE you. The most inspiring people can try to pump you up, get you all hyped up, get you to believe everything is possible, BUT if it's not something you're willing to do, then it's in vain. Results vary from person to person and the key thing that you have to do to succeed in this is CONSISTENCY. That's a BEHAVIORAL change and takes time. On average it's the 21 day test. Do it for 21 days straight to create the habit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think the key is to stop relying on motivation. Make it a habit, something you just do whether you feel like it or not. Commit to the process without focusing on immediate results. You don't wait for motivation to brush your teeth do you? You don't ever stop doing it because it doesn't seem like your teeth aren't getting whiter do you? It's just a habit and you wake up and do it. Make healthy eating and exercise like that.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I need help with motivation especially when I feel I’m not seeing results but I can see stuff in the fridge that I shouldn’t eat I start to feel whats it going to hurt but so far I’ve been staying true to my diet except for the occasional soda which I feel guilty every time I drink one so far starving myself is kinda getting hard anyone have any good recipes for this burger lover I’m trying so hard but not seeing huge results like i want too trying not to lose focus on my goals

What results are you looking for that you're not seeing?

What results are you having currently?

Why do you feel that starving yourself is necessary?

Why the guilt over an occasional soda? And what's wrong with burgers, that's a lot of good protein.

I think it would help a little to expand a bit, to see whether you're not getting the results you're wanting because of something members can help you with or if it's because of unrealistic expectations. You don't have to deprive yourself if things you enjoy unless they're horrible triggers for you. Many here have managed to fit treats and things into their overall eating habits.
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Stay busy!! Empty the house of all the tempting yummy goodness!! Find things that satisfy your cravings without wrecking your goals!!! I use gum to trick myself into feeling like I just ate something!! Try drinking water each time you feel like snacking!!! Tell yourself I'm just thirsty not hungry!!! Burn over 1000 calorie a day!!!! Make it a goal!!! You can do it!!!!
  • liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The idea is for you to make permanent sustainable lifestyle changes. It sounds like what you are doing isn't sustainable. Can you really not drink soda ever again? I am guessing not. Depriving yourself is setting yourself up for a binge and failure. It may take you longer to lose the weight and do it sustainably but it will be permanent then.