60lb post baby weight to loose

Options
Had my daughter one month ago and now feel ready to jump back on the diet bandwagon.
I have 60lbs to loose, which I plan on doing through keto and water fasts twice a week.
Please add me, I need all the support I can get. Xx

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Now is not the time to jump on any bandwagons. Newborns are very demanding, and your body has just been through a lot. You'll have your work cut out for you just getting a shower in some days. Eat well, as nutritiously as possible, and in appropriate quantities. If you're breastfeeding, also be aware that cutting calories will negatively affect your supply.
  • Lindsay375
    Lindsay375 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    At your six week checkup I’d get recommendations from your OB based on how your pregnancy went. I had GD and keto would have been very dangerous for me. The OB May have reccomendations especiay based on if you are breastfeeding, which requires extra calories. It took 9 months to put the baby weight on, no reason to feel like you need to lose it immediately!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Keto and water fasts?

I mean Keto I can understand as some people find that style of eating works for them, but why the water fasts? Do you really plan on doing water fasts for the rest of your life or is this a temporary measure to temporarily drop some weight?

Whatever floats your boat but, that sounds like an absolutely miserable, and more importantly unsustainable, way to live to me.
  • sarahmonicarachel
    sarahmonicarachel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you are breastfeeding you dont want to restrict too much. Try putting together a maintainable diet plan that puts your total caloric intake between 2000 (not breastfeeding) and 2300 (are breastfeeding) and exercise regularly to burn around 500. You can lose the weight at a good and healthy pace which will make it more likely to stay off.