help!!!

Options
ive been stress eating a lot and i feel out of control! i dont know what to do...this week has been crazy and this year is going to continue to be stressful and its turning into a cycle of stress-binge, feel bad, stress binge, feel bad, etc

help! anyone else dealt with this? any tips?

Replies

• arondo2006
    arondo2006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    although eating ice isnt the greatest for you; its what I do (A LOT). Maybe its just the notion that you have to have something in your mouth and chewing. If you look to food as comfort, ice can help. But you also have to channel your thoughts on even that ONE positive thought. I, myself, am going through way too much right now and I am starting to see the pounds attach to my midsection. So I have turned to ice, the scale, and music! GOOD LUCK
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That was me until I realized that yoga and my elliptical machine are an equally good cure for stress, plus you feel good rather than guilty afterwards.

I still binge on beer, but Bud Select 55 (55 calories a beer) :)
  • jeeping_mom
    Options
    I tend to 'fridge eat' - just standing there with the door open and pound whatever's there. I got rid of all the crap and now have to fridge eat cherry tomatoes and baby carrots.

:tongue:
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    Yep i sat here the other week and moaned, chocolate when i'm happy chocolate when i'm sad, chocolate when theres something to celebrate.

Your body is not a machine, deal with what you need to, be good and try to make the right choices but don't beat yourself up when you don't. When your ready pick yourself up and start again.

Good luck with dealing with what you have to and when your ready try and find other ways to cope, I know Iknow easier said than done. Trying to find the alternative coping stratagy myself.