Calorie intake

Options
KBowden83
KBowden83 Posts: 21 Member
edited June 2019 in Food and Nutrition
I stepped on the scale this morning and on my scale it’s says 1423 calories. So my question is how do i figure out how much fat, protein and carbs should I intake?

Replies

• liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just use what Myfitnesspal tells you?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Yeah, use the setup wizard.

Here's your other thread with more replies: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10750983/nutrition#latest
  • KBowden83
    Options
    What do you mean what it tells me
  • liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you put your current weight, activity level, and target rate of loss in, MFP will tell you how many calories to eat and macros. You don't have to figure anything out.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    liz0269 wrote: »
    If you put your current weight, activity level, and target rate of loss in, MFP will tell you how many calories to eat and macros. You don't have to figure anything out.

She solved her problem in her other thread that I linked above.
  • KBowden83
    Options

I got it. Now I just have to figure out what to eat now
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    KBowden83 wrote: »

I got it. Now I just have to figure out what to eat now

Food you like....in portions that fit your calorie goals.

After a bit, start tweaking food choices to get closer to macro goals (protein, fat and carbs). It's calories that drives weight loss. But macros can help with satiety, fitness goals, or health issues.
  • KBowden83
    Options
    Ok so just concentrate on my calories for now
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

That's by far the easiest way to do it. Focus on calories and what you're already eating and tweak as you go.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yep - you may find you already have a pretty good diet, or you may find some things need improvement. Learn as you go and the knowledge is yours for maintenance too.
  • KBowden83
    Options
    Ok shewwww I feel better. This is what I’m looking at.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Goals! I like it!

I tried eating 5-6 times per day and I found that it was hard to do. I never felt full, and all I did was think about food. If grazing works for you - more power to you! I do better on two large meals (morning and evening) and then 200-300 midday. I like a small dessert right after dinner, but I call it part of dinner.

You're on your way.
  • KBowden83
    Options
    Goals! I like it!

I tried eating 5-6 times per day and I found that it was hard to do. I never felt full, and all I did was think about food. If grazing works for you - more power to you! I do better on two large meals (morning and evening) and then 200-300 midday. I like a small dessert right after dinner, but I call it part of dinner.

You're on your way.

I have been writing everything down for a very long time. I just want to thank you for helping me out this morning for getting me on my way.

There are sometimes I can’t eat snacks because i can’t get up and go down to the fridge because I’m busy. I do have some pb, popcorn, twizzlers(that’s when I’m craving real sweets), rice cakes and almonds.

• ratogirl
    ratogirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Take a look at peanut butter. It is my favorite food and my undoing!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    ratogirl wrote: »

Mine has a very long them relationship with my food scale.
  • KBowden83
    Options

I don’t have that everyday. I get the Peter Pan whipped pb

• KBowden83
    Options
    I also try to stay away from carbs after 5 pm. I’ll have dessert but that’s eat. I dont eat past 7 either. Unless I’m out to dinner.
  • KBowden83
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Mine has a very long them relationship with my food scale.

Haha
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Ok shewwww I feel better. This is what I’m looking at.

Eating that way would not work for me but then eating the way I do would likely not work for you. Give it a try and if you are staying full most of the time and you are happy(-ish) it is a winner. If not, experiment with something else.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale this morning and on my scale it’s says 1423 calories. So my question is how do i figure out how much fat, protein and carbs should I intake?

The app tells you the nutritional goals to follow step by step :) hope that helps