When you think . . .

. . . about the amount of food you USED to eat, what thoughts come to your mind?

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    I think the biggest changes for me have not been in the amount but in the quality of my choices. My plate looks as full as it ever did, just with different things. Many more vegetables, minimal sweets, no processed food, etc.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    No wonder I put on weight :#
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Less poop
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    My thoughts: disgusting and I’d like to kick myself in my big behind if I could and it still was.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Regret, lack of knowledge, didn’t have life in balance, didn’t realize the health effects (head firmly wedged in sand)

Grateful I’ve turned it all around. Every. Single. Day.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    ....how come I wasn't fatter!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I did pretty good overall. Except for a few periods of undereating and losing too much weight.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I think, in its entirety, "...wow."

I also kind of miss the feeling of just letting go and eating until I feel 'full'. But the amount of food that would take is... not something I consider worth it anymore. (Unless I'm having a bad MH day but let's not even go there)
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    jan110144 wrote: »
    I think the biggest changes for me have not been in the amount but in the quality of my choices. My plate looks as full as it ever did, just with different things. Many more vegetables, minimal sweets, no processed food, etc.

Same
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    edited June 2019
    I never really had a problem with over-eating. I put my weight on really slowly over years...about 40 Lbs over the course of 8 years or so. My biggest thing was going from being very active and working retail and landscape construction to taking a desk job and I rarely did deliberate exercise.

My diet on the whole is more nutritious than it used to be, but that's really the only change and I exercise regularly now.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    ...how inactive my daily life has become. I put the weight on with less and less active jobs, until I had the full time desk job. Deliberate exercise couldn't make up for the drop in activity levels, and even extra daily movement couldn't come close to making up for it.

It's less what I ate and more about how much I burned (but haven't for a number of years). My eating habits didn't change too much, but my activity changed dramatically, and I didn't adjust my eating.

Still working on getting back there, I don't have it down yet.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    That I would become too lean! After being class 3 obese. From eating funyuns and code red, to no added sugar and no added fat! That I would have to regain my intentionally! Scary stuff!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    . . . about the amount of food you USED to eat, what thoughts come to your mind?
    • Should've time-tabled my sedentary stuck-at-the-desk extensive hours
    • Should've been more active and moved more before and after work hours
    • Should not have stopped my outdoor fitness & social life norms
    • Should not have cut-off my active friends circle, meeting for lunch, quick cuppas and soirees
    • Should have done more DIY, Home-cooking Vs Home deliveries
    • Should've applied portion-control and eaten more regularly
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    i blame mama
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 321 Member
    That unless I track every day, I could easily eat that way again. (Healthy meals and too many sugary treats.)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I deal with things a lot better, emotional eater, I had rather eat than deal and the problems didnt go away. I would eat and had the problems and fat also, not good. Now I dont numb myself and work thru things. Much better life physically and emotionally.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thats an awful lot of fat to eat........(still think its yummy though)