Been Inactive For Awhile, Returning + Need Fitness Friends

Options
I never really got involved with friends or the community aspect of this app and would like to make some new friends here since we all are striving for the same goals. I’m 31 and have lost a lot of weight in the past several years since I originally joined. I had an injury and was prescribed some “addictive” medications to help cope with the pain which caused me to misuse them to the point I slept all day, didn’t eat (or very much) or see anyone for about 3 months. I lost about 30lbs during this time which is not one of my prouder moments due to the method the weight was lost. I tried Keto in January and lost another 10lbs but quit due to it being very difficult to find meals that fit my dietary restrictions. Anyways, I would like to lose about 30-35lbs. I’m 5’6 and would like to be in the 120-130’s range. I’m a vegetarian so if you have any awesome recipes please share! I don’t know how to add friends on here-like I said I’m new to the whole friends and community side of this app. Add me so I have some people to motivate me to do better. I’ve also started 310 shakes since they do not have sugar. I’m slowly starting to go sugar free since I think sugar has been a huge contributing factor in me not obtaining my goals.

Replies

• paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am going to add you as a friend. I like to chat a bit...lol
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • pinknshady
    pinknshady Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have never been on the community tab either, but am looking for some fitness friends, nice to meet you! I’m looking to lose about 15. Good for you for getting back into healthier habits 🙃
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just added ya. I'm close in age and always looking for friends and others for motivation and accountability
  • carbs2123
    carbs2123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am new to this as well. How do you add friends?Or you can just add me😀
  • tiffiny_L
    tiffiny_L Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Most of my MFP friends are inactive. I sent you a request.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You can do this all the best
  • wsualumohsix
    wsualumohsix Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just added as well ... Recently more community active, login every day.
  • Lmcm2108
    Lmcm2108 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best of luck---you will do this! I just returned to MFP also...like last night. I was on in 2014-2015 and lost some weight but gave up and didnt follow through. This time, I am ready. I lost over 15 lbs thus far and want to lose at least 10 more. I will read others' comments, stories, etc. and try to be more active in the community.
  • Natalietia
    Natalietia Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using the app for a few years on and off. I have no idea how to add friends as it’s the first time I’ve been on the community area. Would be good to be in touch with people to keep motivated.
  • EiadKneifati
    EiadKneifati Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are vegetarian, there are lots of recipes out there. One dish that comes to mind from the home lands and rich in protein is fava beans cooked in tahini sauce with a little bit of greek yoghurt. Usually served with olive oil and parsley for garnish. There are lots of other recipes i can share as well if interested. Hit me up. I ve been losing weight myself and let myself go for a period of time now im kicking myself again in the butt to get back on track. Its a struggle!!!
  • JasonRVA
    JasonRVA Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome back again
  • BriVill
    BriVill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    I’m Bri. Next week I’m turning 34. Looking to lose 30-35 lbs as well. Started about a month ago now. I think it’s been 27 days on this app.. I’m down about 6 lbs. lost it by drastically reducing my caloric intake, lots of daily swimming in the lap pool and smaller workouts as well. I went vegan around the same time so about a month as well. We’ve got some things in common! Let me know if you want to connect a bit more and we can exchange #’s :)
    Good luck!
    Bri