The Pleasure of being able to walk

It was only 3 years ago that to be able to walk without pain was impossible 20 yards and then the pain set in, I would have to stop and rest then try to go a little further before the pain set in.
I was suffering from (diabetes 2) I am a male I was 17 Stone 3 Lbs aged 67 years and the fear of amputation and losing my sight became very real!
I live alone in an upstairs flat I knew if something bad happened I would have to move out of my flat which I love, and my prospects of a good life were going to go down the drain! It frightened me so much I changed my lifestyle, and after doing quite a lot of research I decided to go on a low carb high-fat diet without exercise because of the pain.
Well move on 3 years diabetes has reversed, I am no longer on medication and at the age of 70, I walk along the promenade 1.2 miles every morning without any pain weather permitting breathing in the sea air. If not I have a mini exercise bike so I do 30 minutes on that while watching the telly lol I really hope this story will encourage whoever is feeling a bit down you can beat diabetes! Effort yes, without doubt, rewards wonderful. Good Luck PS 71 now and feeling great.

Replies

• blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    Your story is very inspiring! Congratulations on your new health!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Thanks for sharing your inspiring story! Proves itโ€™s never too late to get started and improve your quality of life. Congratulations! ๐Ÿ™‚
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    This is amazing, congratulations! You are such in inspiration. :)
  • daklock
    daklock Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story. It is a reminder to all of us that the body has an amazing ability to heal itself, if we allow it to do so. Thanks for the inspiration to continue on this journey to health through weight loss. I wanted to ask how long it took you to be able to walk without pain?
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,329 Member
    Wonderful success story
  • mrvivinwales
    mrvivinwales Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story. It is a reminder to all of us that the body has an amazing ability to heal itself, if we allow it to do so. Thanks for the inspiration to continue on this journey to health through weight loss. I wanted to ask how long it took you to be able to walk without pain?
    Approximately 12 months and still going strong
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    What a great story. Congrats to you!!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Awesomeness! Congrats ๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!