The Solution to Chocolate Cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    For long term success, learning to moderate all foods that you love would be beneficial. So, learning portion sizes and moderation of all foods.

BTW, Cheesecake Factory’s cheesecake has a lot of calories. I don’t doubt OP’s figures. Depending on the flavor. When my sisters (there’s 6 of us) and I go there for lunch we get 1 piece to share. Is It worth the calories for a small taste, absolutely, 😍

I just looked it up, 1580 for their highest calorie slice, red velvet.

I didn't doubt them I just didn't know. I eat maybe 3 or 4 desserts a year and I don't like any of them to be very rich or very sweet and this was the way I was long before I was losing weight. I probably would have gotten down 400 calories of her cheesecake and then desperately eating salty stuff to get the sweetness out of my mouth.

I know, it’s kind of hard to believe. It is really hard to justify even only a taste. Sugar & fat aplenty in cheesecake. My husband doesn’t eat sweets at all. Not even holiday desserts. Pie, cake, donuts,ice cream, I can resist. Cookies & candy though, are my downfall, so I’ve learned to moderate as best I can.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I like buying single serve options of chocolates like the Dove Promises or even the Lindor bags and have one as a serving. It can be tough at times because one does not always cut it for me but I always aim to stick to my calorie goal. I do go over by a little once in and while and I don't let that bother me.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I found it. Its McCain's Deep and Delicious Chocolate Cake. The only cake to taste like air and ice somehow had a cake baby. The only food to taste like cold. It's the Lacroix of cake. Like someone thought about chocolate while making it instead of adding any. It has completely killed any desire I have to eat more cake.

All jokes aside, I would kill someone if I could eat an entire bag of Lindor chocolates right now.

How do you deal?

Drinking hot coco helps. The low sugar and salt ones in the store and make sure to drink small amounts and be in your calorie range :)
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Let yourself partake occasionally but exercise self control. That way you don’t need to deny yourself the fix
  • bonnybunny4865
    bonnybunny4865 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I kill my chocolate cravings with a banana and put almond butter along the top and half 3 dates and place them along the top.... So very sweet yet nutritious
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite right now, only about 47 calories if you have one piece, and the combo of chocolate/coffee/caramel is very rich and satisfying that I can stop at one. And they are individually wrapped, which also makes it easier to stop. https://products.wholefoodsmarket.com/product/wild-ophelia-sea-salt-caramel-latte-coffee-bites-86c9a5
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    JoJo's Guilt-Free Chocolate with Almonds, 70% Dark Chocolate, Pistachios, Dried Cranberries https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CKF94Q4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_B2JeDb9WQCKD9

I like these for chocolate. Or Kodiak cake brownies.
  • bjkoziara
    bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's like someone ate a square of chocolate and then burped while they were making the cake.

Honestly I have turned into one of those odd people who can have an ounce of chocolate or one truffle and be good.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I found it. Its McCain's Deep and Delicious Chocolate Cake. The only cake to taste like air and ice somehow had a cake baby. The only food to taste like cold. It's the Lacroix of cake. Like someone thought about chocolate while making it instead of adding any. It has completely killed any desire I have to eat more cake.

All jokes aside, I would kill someone if I could eat an entire bag of Lindor chocolates right now.

How do you deal?

@Terytha I eat a lot of chocolate daily starting at breakfast. For the last several years it has been Baker's unsweetened chocolate 100% cacao because it fits my Way Of Eating. I like the squares with fresh coconut chips and some almonds. I grind the three in my mouth so I start my day with a home make almond joy candy bar so to speak. A few years ago I gave up the fear of foods but do not eat foods that do not meet my no added sugars/sweeteners and or any form of any grain due to a hunch back in 2014. I do not fear them but just learned by trial and error they are not best choices for my body.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I try not to let cravings consume me and if I'm craving something, I just eat it. It seems for me if I try various substitutions, they never satisfy the craving, and I ultimately end up giving in to it anyway. Chocolate isn't generally one of my cravings, but every once in a while at that time of month, I'll get a monster craving. For those times, I keep some 100% cacao in the house and I'll break off a square, sprinkle with a little salt, and sit down and enjoy it. If I need it to be a little sweeter, I'll melt it down with coconut oil, mix in some stevia and chopped pecans, spread it thin on a plate and a sheet of wax paper, and cool in the fridge. Super yum.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    We went to the Cheesecake Cafe which I think is similar to the American Cheesecake Factory. It was a pretty big piece, topped with a thick layer of buttercream frosting and several cookies. It was way too rich to eat all in one go, but later that night I had a craving and ate the rest of it.

It was. So. Good. Oh man. So worth it. And since it's dense, I was feeling pretty full after just half. I won't do it again any time soon because, woof. But it has sure fired up my cake cravings.

I must confess: I hate icecream and other such frozen treats like popsicles. I always have. I also don't like cheap chocolate bars much.

I just love high quality chocolates and cake that actually tastes like cake.

Do you like dark chocolate? If you let it melt in your mouth a little it can be quite rich and satisfying in smaller quantities. Usually one or two Dove Dark Chocolate Promises, or a square or two of fancier brands is enough to take care of my chocolate cravings for the day.

Yes, another vote for eating small quantities of dark chocolate r e a l l y slowly. I let it melt rather than chew. Chocolate chips work really well for this. 35-50 calories of chips and I'm satisfied.
  • logancsmama
    logancsmama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My solution to the chocolate craving has been Hershey's dark chocolate kisses, only 2 or 3, they're 17 calories a piece. I also turn to the sugar free chocolate pudding. These two seem to rid me of my cravings.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Cocoa, or dark chocolate chips stirred into my porridge while I cook it for breakfast.
    Some fruit on top, helps keep me off the chocolate biscuits.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Eat a Lindor chocolate. I have a truffle frequently. They're around 70 calories. Log it first thing in the morning and work your day around it.

I also eat peanut M&Ms frequently too (they're 10 calories apiece)
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like Built Bars - they are filling and taste best a little chilled or slightly melted (preferably on a graham cracker). They satisfy my sweet tooth!
  • rishathakrar964
    rishathakrar964 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is a good solution if you can acquire a taste for it. You don’t need as much as it’s so rich and less fat and sugar than milk version. I also find chewing cinnamon bark helps me to reduce cravings