ground turkey and what to make???

Options
i bought some ground turkey and need some ideas of what to do with it!!
I already used it to make manwich, which turned out really good!! But, I need some more ideas!!

Replies

• plussizemommy
    Options
    i bought some ground turkey and need some ideas of what to do with it!!
    I already used it to make manwich, which turned out really good!! But, I need some more ideas!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    chili
    tacos
    burgers
    spaghetti sauce
    anywhere you'd use hamburger!
  • Coltom
    Coltom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Regular grilled hamburgers is good.
    Also it works well in pasta sauce for spaghetti.
    We've also used it for tacos.
    And as a meat loaf.
    It works for anything you would use ground beef for....but better!
  • kyeshai
    Options
    Yeah. It's a great replacement for ground beef. You can also try ground chicken, which is a little moister and easier to cook. Also lower in fat and calories than beef. I LOVE ground chicken. The only problem is it can be really hard to find at the grocery stores sometimes.
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    okay so say i want to make turkey burgers, what do i use to make it not so bland?? just what i use with regular hamburger? thanks you guys!!
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    1lb ground turkey browned and drained + 1.5 cups dry pasta (i like elbows) + 1 can campbells cheddar soup + 15oz ( a lil less than 1 can) beef broth + .5 cup ketchup
    = yummy yummy cheeseburger macoroni!! its about 400 calories and i might have been a little off on the amounts of each ingredient but its on the back on the campbells cheddar soup can. i like to use 2 cans btw..if u have enough calories!..makes 4-6 servingS! extra rich, yummy, filling, not nearly as bad as it tastes!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Burgers - use some bbq sauce (I love sweet baby rays honey bbq)
    lots of seasonings
  • kobrie17
    Options
    in response on how to spice up turkey burgers....
    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1011319
    ----> the picture looks nothing like what it actually looks like haha, thot i'd let you know because i think the picture looks a lil unappetizing
  • kobrie17
    Options
    ^ its greek flavored burgers!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    One of my hubby's fav dinners is pesto pasta! I like to make it with ground turkey or chicken and lots of veggies. Of course it also has some pasta and pesto sauce in it too :wink:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey makes really good meatballs!! :tongue:
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can do so many things with ground turkey. Many of them will probably be repeats from what others have said. Tacos, taco salad, turkey burgers (using all different types of seasonings to make different varieties, most things work- trust me). I make a really good and healthy turkey sloppy joe that my boyfriend loves. The other day I had a pound sitting in the fridge so I decided to make my breakfast easier for a week. I mixed it with pepper, onion powder, parsley, thyme, fennel seeds, chili powder, red pepper flakes and a little bit of hot sauce. Made them into 2 inch patties and "pan fried" them with just some pam to make sausages. Two every morning for less that 120 calories.

Just about anything you use regular beef in can taste great when you substitute turkey. Have fun in the kitchen!:happy:
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    One word. CHILI!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I take the meat (4 oz for me and 4 for bf), 1 tbsp of eggbeaters, a tsp of onion soup mix, onions, mushrooms, peppers and jalapeno (all chopped pretty small - I just eyeball how many I'm putting in as the bowl gets full:tongue: ), a dash of worstershire and 1/4 cup of oatmeal. After I add a 100 calorie bun, you're looking at about 300-350 in cals and then I give us a veggie or salad. This little bit of meat makes two HUGE burgers, I am shocked to think of the amount of meat I used in the past. You know what goes good with this? The sweet potato fries:wink:
  • quinnybear
    Options
    1/2 lb ground turkey, browned
    1 can dark red kidney beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 15oz can tomato sauce
    1 package hot chili mix (i use mccormicks)
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 white onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1.5 to 2 cups chicken broth (fat free)

put all this in the crock pot on low for 10 hours OR on high for about 5 hours.