PHENTERMINE

Options
ok, so i started phentermine this past Sunday...and ever since...EVERY SINGLE glass of water i drink tastes like poop! (not that i've eaten poop, i just associate anything nasty to poop). i don't taste it when i eat and it's not an all day lingering taste. just when i drink my water.
my question is...is that normal? does that go away at some point? and if not, what the heck can i do to not make my water taste so crappy?

Replies

• ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Not sure... I took phen for awhile but never had anything taste funky ... weird
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    i went through a phase where tomatoes tasted exactly like eyeballs to me. especially cherry tomatoes.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    i went through a phase where tomatoes tasted exactly like eyeballs to me. especially cherry tomatoes.

Maybe you got your bags mixed up? It's easy to confuse the two. I do it all the time.
  • BamaNation73
    Options
    I have never had that experience before with Phentermine. My only problem with it was feeling as though I couldnt breathe during certain activities. Exercising was difficult due to that side effect, and it even manifested in very hot showers.
  • BamaNation73
    Options
    you can always add Hawaiian Punch Singles to your water. They are only 5 calories each.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    There is something about this post that is solidifying my decision to not take phentermine!
  • karematt
    karematt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There is something about this post that is solidifying my decision to not take phentermine!

don't get me wrong..so far i'm very happy with it.
    i weighed my options very diligently, because heart conditions run in my family (my mother, 2 uncles and a grandfather have/had congestive heart failure)
    my blood pressure has always been amazing, i did tons of heart monitor tests to make sure i wasn't at risk for anything super bad. plus my doctor has been my doctor for about 15 years, and i trust him. he's keeping a close on me too. (it helps that we go to church together lol)

it's like a bad after taste......that just stays everytime i swallow water. and i'm afraid to add a single to my water bottle, cuz then my water will taste like tropical poo :/ i don't know which is worse, the one by itself, or the idea of the two together
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Maybe try cutting back on water for a few days.
  • karematt
    Options
    water is the only thing i'm drinking...so if i cut back....... i dehydrate :/ someone suggested constantly chewing gum??
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've never taken it, so I'm not an expert, but I believe this is a common issue. As I understand it, the key is to drink MORE water. Sort of a catch 22. I would experiment with different ways to flavor the water - mint or fruity herbal teas with a couple of drops of Stevia might help mask the taste and is a zero calorie solution. Maybe some lemon or lime in the water?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    water is the only thing i'm drinking...so if i cut back....... i dehydrate :/ someone suggested constantly chewing gum??
    So a real doctor gives you a prescription for poop tasting pills? hcg too?

My doc would never prescribe me poop tasting pills... not that I've asked.

OK, so seriously, does your water taste fine to you when you drink a glass without taking the pill with it? If so it's likely the after taste of the pill, it's possible it effects everyone differently. Some pills give me an after taste, most don't. I never connect it to the water though, since I love my water and it tastes great to me.

Looks like lots of ideas tossed your direction but almost seems you aren't interested in fixing the problem by taking any... all we can do on here is toss our ideas and if you don't care to try them, not much left to say.

Good luck with that... myself...I take that as a hint if something tasted like poop and never touch it again.. but honestly? I have no clue what poop tastes like..

Do you have well water? Now that STINKS...like poop...:sick: :glasses:
  • karematt
    Options
    So a real doctor gives you a prescription for poop tasting pills? hcg too?

My doc would never prescribe me poop tasting pills... not that I've asked.

OK, so seriously, does your water taste fine to you when you drink a glass without taking the pill with it? If so it's likely the after taste of the pill, it's possible it effects everyone differently. Some pills give me an after taste, most don't. I never connect it to the water though, since I love my water and it tastes great to me.

Looks like lots of ideas tossed your direction but almost seems you aren't interested in fixing the problem by taking any... all we can do on here is toss our ideas and if you don't care to try them, not much left to say.

Good luck with that... myself...I take that as a hint if something tasted like poop and never touch it again.. but honestly? I have no clue what poop tastes like..

Do you have well water? Now that STINKS...like poop...:sick: :glasses:

you sound so hateful in your response to me. i never said anything negative to you... i don't appreciate your harshness.
    it's not just the taste of it while swallowing the pill. i'm a grown woman and am VERY aware of what an after taste is :) thanks.

artemisacorn darling... i love the idea of adding the lemon or lime and i absolutely LOVE herbal teas. is stevia the only no calorie sweetener?? and i'm discovering that when i don't drink ENOUGH water the taste is in my mouth when i DO drink it. so i guess i should be drinking more. thanks for the advice
  • gigi1959
    gigi1959 Posts: 17
    Options
    Nothing to do with the water taste but I took Phentermine 6 years ago and lost half my hair, did put to much stress on my body, wishing you good luck hoping that you will not have the same side effects that I had.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Nothing to do with the water taste but I took Phentermine 6 years ago and lost half my hair, did put to much stress on my body, wishing you good luck hoping that you will not have the same side effects that I had.
    I've heard this side effect mentioned often on the boards as well, among other side effects heart palpitations etc., scary stuff.:noway: Never know what's going to happen down the road from diet drug side effects.

It just scares me when I hear of members taking drugs and such to lose weight, I realize it's not easy dropping the lbs., but at least their won't be anything to fear later regarding possible side effects. Really it's just scary to me to see so much of this on the boards, I've lost friends to various methods simply trying to drop weight. :cry::flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

you sound so hateful in your response to me. i never said anything negative to you... i don't appreciate your harshness.
    it's not just the taste of it while swallowing the pill. i'm a grown woman and am VERY aware of what an after taste is :) thanks.
    You're right my response was unnecessary, it's just hard to hear another person go the pill route even after they've researched it, it''s hard for me to see happen. I just worry for ppl and the possible effects in the future.

I am sorry for coming off as rude, I do apologize.:flowerforyou: I hope the taste subsides quickly for you as it isn't something that sounds pleasant for anyone to go through.:noway: Hopefully one of the suggestions on here will work for you.

Regarding gum.. I wonder if tossing a piece or two in your mouth right after your pill and water is taken, perhaps that would help to some degree?
  • slimnsexynside
    Options
    Not sure what's going on with the funky tasting water. I tried Phentermine a few times, but it always gave me the worse headaches. What I DID do was eat some crackers before taking the pill. I was using the white pills w/blue dots and had to eat something before taking them or my headache would be unbearable. Maybe you could try eating something very light first. Oh...and try not to let the pills touch your tongue when taking them...they taste horrible. Hope this helps a little.
  • RuvRuvz11
    RuvRuvz11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am taking Phentermine right now and am having the same issue, but only when taking the pill. Trust me I think it’s just the pill that tastes like that. Your brain must have rewired itself to think that you are taking the pill every time you drink water, which gives you an odd aftertaste.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    This is from 2011
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    This must be zombie thread day. :D