Pre workout: what is the best for cardio and fat burn??

Options
I know that no pre workout is a fix for losing weight. However, when used properly they do provide an energy boost and even if mind over matter is what gets me to do cardio for an extra ten minutes so be it. Recommended pre workout for cardio/fat burn?

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Black coffee.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Yohimine
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i stress that this is just me.

i try to do .2g-.3g x my body weight for protein and .2g-.5g x my body weight for carbs. not much fat, if any. this seems to give me the fuel i need for my workouts without making me feel too full.
  • sunbeam236
    sunbeam236 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Black coffee
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Topping off the air in tires.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    If it's cardio first thing in the morning, I do it fasted. If I happen to wake up really tired with a headache, I might take an Excedrin migraine (which contains caffeine). If it's lifting after work, then I might have an energy drink or green tea in the afternoon with a protein snack, and then some fruit or applesauce right before.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Double-Chocolate-Malted-Milkshakes-PIN.jpg

something else..... but not this.

• MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I used to use a pre-workout but now only use it if I really really need it (and I haven’t “needed” it in months). My caution is check the label. If it contains Higenamine, make sure it’s okay for you. It can react poorly with certain medications and it’s also a banned substance in many sport orgs such as WADA, NCAA, etc... I used 1Up Nutrition when I was using it. Worked great but.....I’m ADHD (don’t take that med any longer, either) and I also work with athletes so if they can’t take it, I don’t take it.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Cardio is for whatever you want to get out of it. You can do cardio for any reason you like. Even to burn fat.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Cardio is for whatever you want to get out of it. You can do cardio for any reason you like. Even to burn fat.

For me, it's about stress management, anything else is a side benefit.

It's good for social interaction too.... club rides / group runs.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    A nice ripe banana.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Gummy bears and a caffeine source.