Not hungry - struggling to hit 1200. Anyone else?

Options
Neightyre29
Neightyre29 Posts: 47 Member
edited June 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Never in a million years did I think I would be typing this. About a month ago I switched to eating salad every day and cut out the entire packets of biscuits and double large mcdees in one sitting diet. I only began logging again this week. Bearing in mind I went years without eating a vegetable. I'm 15st 5'6 (210lbs or 95kg).

Since I lowered (not cut out) my carbs and been eating better I have very little appetite. I'm not obsessing or stressed. I actually feel free from the previous cravings that led me to binge. I can no longer consume huge portions. I'm drinking plenty water.

I workout an hour a day. I don't feel tired, in fact I feel better than ever. I am unsure if because I'm eating better nutritionally that my body is better sated or what is going on. I just worry its genuinely not enough... I'm just cico but listening to my body's hunger switch.

Replies

• Neightyre29
    Options
    Thanks for the links and info - I thought my diary was open. I'm eating eggs on toast for bfast, instead of one lunch am just snacking on chicken etc. Dinner is salad with protein (and usually broccoli). Not like a lettuce diet at all >.<My volume isn't high, My salad chopped together fills a 500ml jug (it's how I portion it) and seems plenty to me. It's unusual compared to what I ate. I'm not even trying >.< Since I got over the carb/sugar cravings which was TORTURE I feel strange about it all.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    you diary is not open (maybe only to friends).

are you using a food scale for all foods?

Salads are easy to add calories too. add cheese, nuts, dressing. so many options. use a higher fat cut of meat in there. (see link above to calorie dense foods). butter your toast that adds up fast. two eggs VS one. ensure to keep yolks.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I agree with apullum and panini. If you use a food scale and are still coming under calories consistently you can also add more oil or butter to cook your eggs, add sauces to your chicken and salads, put peanut butter on your toast, and other small changes to what you are currently doing.
  • Neightyre29
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I do use a food scale and a measuring jug (for liquids). I am very strict about that! My recipes are all measured carefully. Just so that's cleared ^>^ I only use the jug once I've measured everything to separate into portions and re-weigh the cups after. I do it in advance so I don't have to think about it for a few days.
  • Neightyre29
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    you diary is not open (maybe only to friends).

are you using a food scale for all foods?

Salads are easy to add calories too. add cheese, nuts, dressing. so many options. use a higher fat cut of meat in there. (see link above to calorie dense foods). butter your toast that adds up fast. two eggs VS one. ensure to keep yolks.

I add 50g of cheese to my salad. And a tbsp of caesar dressing haha. It's the only way I can even stomach it. Maybe I'm not eating ENOUGH salad then oO. Two eggs wtih bfast enough to cover a slice of toast - I poach or boil my eggs. 2 eggs, 10g butter and a slice of granary is what i love for bfast.

ty for the thuoght prompts!
  • Neightyre29
    Options
    I like the idea about adding nuts... and seeds too maybe. I never thought abuot that.
  • Neightyre29
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thank you for the link! I can't fast at all - I'd die. I basically just eat when I'm hungry. I hate cooking and am perfectly happy just eating cold stuff. I do hit around the 1k mark without any effort but was just worried with me working out - even though I feel ok for now - if it's not good. I mean it can't be? I'm still 15stone, not as if I'm fuelig a smaller body >.<

[edited by MFP mods]